Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I have heard back from 4 out of 5 of my university choices and now am struggling to decide on my favourite out of the lot.

Offers:
    1) Southampton
    2) Nottingham
    3) Warwick
    4) Leicester

Leicester is likely going to be my backup, and the rest of them are the same grades in terms of offers. Which university would you recommend for computer science? I'm leaning towards Southampton, with Nottingham as a close second but could do with a second opinion please.

Thanks in advance,
    Will.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure you go visit them before you decide. Just because a Uni appears to be higher in the rankings does not mean it's going to be best for you. For example I had to pick between Loughborough, Swansea and Kent, and I decided to put Kent as my firm choice. The facilities they offered suited me much more, the distance was most appropriate, I loved the campus, and generally felt like I belong there. I didn't disregard the others as being bad, but Kent was just more appealing towards what my plans for further life are and what they had to offer.

All four Uni's are good. In the end it does not really matter what Uni you go to, but HOW MUCH YOU WANT TO LEARN. If you are keen, then you can even graduate from a University that is not as prestigious and be incredible. I feel like people take prestigiousness into consideration too much. The happier you are at a Uni, the better you will do.

Hope that helps

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.