Turn on thread page Beta

Lack of physical attraction in relationship watch

I'm in a relationship with a guy, I got into this relationship with him because I loved his personality. However, I'm just not physically attracted to him at all. I thought I'd get over it because they say the more you fall in love with someone, the less their looks matter.

When he sends me pictures, I just get so turned off that I realise I become unaffectionate and start talking to him like a friend. I can't even fantasize about being romantic with him, because doing couple-y things literally makes me cringe. Do you think I can get over it? I don't want to let him go because he's lovely, but I can't flick a switch in my mind that'll make me suddenly attracted to him as much as I want to be :/

I don't really want to break up over something like this, because I'm worried I'll end up regretting throwing away such an amazing relationship (if not for the attraction thing), over something like physical appearance, but it's really taking a toll on the way I act around him, I keep acting off. I know it's something he can't change, and I can't make myself suddenly attracted to him either. I feel so lost.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm if you don't like his looks what can you do. Does he repulse you during sexual intimacy?

If so just break it off.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just leave him. Sounds like it isn't fair on him to be in a relationship where you don't feel attractive to him. Okay, looks aren't everything but they do play a big part in getting along and having a future together, such as one day having children with someone you aren't attracted to?

If it's not meant to be, it's just not meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    Let him go. Its not fair to lead him on if there is nothing there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Physical chemistry is essential. If it's not there, and its making you treat him differently, it's affecting you both. Best thing to do is to get out of the relationship, nicely.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.