Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is this set of kids who've achieved some degree of academic success, or "life experience", that presume to be of such an authority that their advice holds some significance, even though they completely lack the capacity for logical reasoning, and thought.

The Student room appears less to be a refuge of intelligent outcasts of society, but rather a refuge of awkward mediocre pseudos who only have grades to show, as their minds are empty, and only wish they could fit into the societal pleberie.

Stop giving bullsh*t advice, employ reason, or shut the f*ck up!

Edit: *Forum not Thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BarryBeTrippin)
    There is this set of kids who've achieved some degree of academic success, or "life experience", that presume to be of such an authority that their advice holds some significance, even though they completely lack the capacity for logical reasoning, and thought.

The Student room appears less to be a refuge of intelligent outcasts of society, but rather a refuge of awkward mediocre pseudos who only have grades to show, as their minds are empty, and only wish they could fit into the societal pleberie.

I'm not sure what you want out of this, and I certainly think that your language you use in the our last sentence is any helpful to your otherwise fairly reasonable point of view. I fully agree with "logical reasoning, and though". Sadly though TSR is full of Pseudo Lefties and Relativists. Thats fine with me, but they exist in a noticeable number, including one Mod I've dealt with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honestly)
    I'm not sure what you want out of this, and I certainly think that your language you use in the our last sentence is any helpful to your otherwise fairly reasonable point of view. I fully agree with "logical reasoning, and though". Sadly though TSR is full of Pseudo Lefties and Relativists. Thats fine with me, but they exist in a noticeable number, including one Mod I've dealt with.
    I want these kids to know they are not intelligent.

Perhaps they will read this and begin to use their brains.

This forum is enjoyable enough, partly because it's full of lefty simpletons, but some intellectualism wouldn't go amiss.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Feeling better now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Feeling better now?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    I want these kids to know they are not intelligent.

Perhaps they will read this and begin to use their brains.

This forum is enjoyable enough, partly because it's full of lefty simpletons, but some intellectualism wouldn't go amiss.
    Yes simpletons or not, there is a way deal with people. And as for intelligence; not everyone makes theirs manifest to others. I know broadly what your trying to say. Once a lesbian on this forum went mental thinking I was critiquing her sexual disposition. I didn't even tell her my personal views of homosexuality, she called me phone this, a ist that, all sorts.... She just wouldn't and couldn't think in reference to what I had written.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Yes.

:yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 10, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.