Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If I reference a case in a Law exam, do I have to write out the full OSCOLA reference?

ReputationRep:
    No, that would be ridiculous. Just cite the case's name.

I never even bothered with dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loya61)
    If I reference a case in a Law exam, do I have to write out the full OSCOLA reference?
    Of course you don't have to. Just cite the case name. If there's more than one case with similar names, try to be more concise and jot down the entire case name. If not, go more in depth and describe what happened in the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    No, that would be ridiculous. Just cite the case's name.

I never even bothered with dates.
    (Original post by zero_gravity)
    Of course you don't have to. Just cite the case name. If there's more than one case with similar names, try to be more concise and jot down the entire case name. If not, go more in depth and describe what happened in the case.

Thanks guys. Just one other question. In an essay, if I am quoting some argument that an appellant gave, such as in a letter, how do I reference this correctly? Thanks a lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.