Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It will be from 7:30pm till whenever and I have to travel 1hr on the train to the destination. Reckon I should do it or revise that night instead? I really want to go. :P

ReputationRep:
    there's a 2 day festival i'd love to go to but the last day is one day before one of my A2 exams. not going, no way.

yours is just one day a week before, if you think, it'd just be the equivalent of you taking a break from revising for that day. it's cool, treat yo' self!

ReputationRep:
    You have got to be more responsible for your own learning and you can go and watch a concert any time after your exams, but you won't get a chance to resit your exams. Once you have finished them have as much fun as you want but please do not risk your exams for just a concert.

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Five or six hours out of your revision schedule, a week before your exam and at a time of day when you'll already be tired and you're least likely to be receptive, isn't a deal breaker. As an above poster says, you should use it as a chance to take a brief but complete break from studying, enjoy yourself and give your mind some down time. You can't keep cramming facts into your brain without giving it time to process the information - it's a waste of time. Taking controlled breaks is just as important as the revision itself.

If taking one evening off is such a huge deal, then I suspect it will be just what you need.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WishIHadRevised)
    It will be from 7:30pm till whenever and I have to travel 1hr on the train to the destination. Reckon I should do it or revise that night instead? I really want to go. :P
    If you organize your revision, taking one evening off and maybe the next morning won't be a big deal. Revising all day for several hours isn't the most efficient strategy, and cramming a week before an exam late into the evenings is just likely to make you more tired and stressed.

I'd go, but then I made time for my hobbies right up to my exams, otherwise I would have probably gone mad!

ReputationRep:
    At that point things will be really hectic and stressful, it will probably do you some good to have an evening off doing something to really take your mind off everything

any work you miss that day you can easily make up for by planning accordingly when you make a revision schedule

ReputationRep:
    As long as you've planned well ahead with your revision you should be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Do you mean your Finals, in terms of your undergraduate that determines your future degree classification?

In that case, it's totally your call. I think I would go because it's essentially the same as saying "I'm just gonna chill out and not do any revision". Plus you can revise when you're one the train before the show!

If you get enough revision done before that, I think 1 day won't hurt as long as you intensely revise during the day!

ReputationRep:
    Vivi!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.