Turn on thread page Beta

"I think Islam hates us," Donald Trump watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Muslims are the new Jews.
    No. Jews are still the Jews

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chopshticks)
    The best interpretations of the qur'aan are from the prophet peace be upon him and his companions. You can't just read the qur'aan and interpret it the way you want. Also reading the qur'aan in english does not do it justice. The difficulty translators of the qur'aan find is that a few words of its arabic can translate to paragraphs in english, but translators don't have paragraphs of room, they usually only have a few lines.

Re : Donald Drumpfs comments, this is just another one of his extremely vague hate filled comments. You might be tired of hearing this and may not believe it, but Islam is a religion of peace, compassion and mercy. Islam hates no one, but muslims might.
    I'm not really sure what interpretation is needed regarding the verses that call disbelievers the worst of creatures and describe them being boiled alive and having nothing but pus and twisted plants to eat in hell, would you mind clarifying this please?

And the majority of Muslims can't speak Arabic so you're saying that even most followers of Islam don't really know what the Quran says.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    If these voters knew the difference between an ordinary Muslim and someone who uses Islam to justify terror and murder, they won't vote for Trump would they?
    It's foolish to think that Trump's only appeal is his stance on Islam.

(Original post by Maker)
    Fearful and vengeful people like to be told they are right.
    Regardless, their vote still counts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    I'm not really sure what interpretation is needed regarding the verses that call disbelievers the worst of creatures and describe them being boiled alive and having nothing but pus and twisted plants to eat in hell, would you mind clarifying this please?

And the majority of Muslims can't speak Arabic so you're saying that even most followers of Islam don't really know what the Quran says.
    I know nothing about the translation/interpretation/context of the qur'aan so I won't make the error of commenting on it. After all, that would make me just like those ISIS folk. However there is a scholar out there that might be able to give you an answer.

That is exactly what I'm saying. Majority of muslims don't know what the qur'aan says, so are taught the religion from a young age from scholars, and when they need advice on the religion or have a question, they go and ask scholars.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    No, he doesn't. This election is unique in that candidates are attracting voters from segments not traditionally associated with them. Take South Carolina, for example. The establishment voters, e.g. moderate-conservatives, voted for Trump. Are you therefore suggesting that the average Republican is unable to understand basic Islam?

Far too presumptuous. You're again going with the conclusion that Trump's voter-base is identical.
    Yes he does, because the average person sees a muslim as someone who prays to Allah and who identifies as a muslim. Your weird criterion for someone having to hate the west to be a muslim isnt how most people think.

Trump attracts significant support from people who hate muslims, and this kind of statement is only going to further encourage them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JuliusDS92)
    Yes he does, because the average person sees a muslim as someone who prays to Allah and who identifies as a muslim.
    Do you have evidence to prove this?

Your weird criterion for someone having to hate the west to be a muslim isnt how most people think.
    Again, source? How do you know this?

Trump attracts significant support from people who hate muslims, and this kind of statement is only going to further encourage them.
    You ignored my example of South Carolina. I'd appreciate a specific response to my question rather than a repeat of your previous, fallacious statement.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have evidence to prove this?

Again, source? How do you know this?
    I could equally ask the same to you, as your claims are more specific than mine.

You ignored my example of South Carolina. I'd appreciate a specific response to my question rather than a repeat of your previous, fallacious statement.
    I'm not sure what your point was about South Carolina. He won with several groups; what's that got to do with him fanning the flames of islamophobia?

ReputationRep:
    It's foolish to think that Trump's only appeal is his stance on Islam.

Regardless, their vote still counts.
    ! am sure you vote for the right reasons

ReputationRep:
    From 2003

This is exactly why they do not want him in power because he's one of the few other than Sanders who looks at the disaster that is US foreign policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boris Grishenko)
    From 2003

This is exactly why they do not want him in power because he's one of the few other than Sanders who looks at the disaster that is US foreign policy.
    > 2003

if you are looking for a quote as old as 13 years to express your admiration, here is a 4 year old tweet that radiates his delusion:

"the concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive."

ReputationRep:
    I could equally ask the same to you, as your claims are more specific than mine.
    I countered your point with a statement, which you completely ignored. Why continue with this if you're going to continue doing that?

I'm not sure what your point was about South Carolina. He won with several groups; what's that got to do with him fanning the flames of islamophobia?
    Your basic assumption is that Trump's supporters are a homogeneous group (e.g. uneducated and white). But in order to win states like South Carolina, a wider segment of the electorate needs to support you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.