Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm skinny but I wanna build muscle on my chest and abs, I'm 6"1 and weigh 9.10st. Currently I'm doing 75 crunches and 50 leg scissors and a 1.30 minute plank everyday but my abs don't hurt after. Is this enough to build muscle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicaboo)
    I'm skinny but I wanna build muscle on my chest and abs, I'm 6"1 and weigh 9.10st. Currently I'm doing 75 crunches and 50 leg scissors and a 1.30 minute plank everyday but my abs don't hurt after. Is this enough to build muscle?
    you are gonna need to eat boy, you gotta turn all the fat from food into muscle. so lots of protein to bulk up. Then hit the gym, with high intensity weight lifting after 2 months you will see slight changes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackThunder10)
    you are gonna need to eat boy, you gotta turn all the fat from food into muscle. so lots of protein to bulk up. Then hit the gym, with high intensity weight lifting after 2 months you will see slight changes
    If I'm not interested in being really muscular and bulky will I still need to do that?

ReputationRep:
    Be patient it took me 7-9 months into my newbie 1st year gains before I had developed abs/serratus etc.

Try to eat slightly above your maintenance and be in a caloric surplus.
    Also, please don't be that type of guy that skips legs/shoulders/arms/back etc
    Plenty of other muscle groups that need attention that help develop other muscle groups.

ReputationRep:
    If I'm not interested in being really muscular and bulky will I still need to do that?
    Dude, your not going to put on 10 years worth of muscle in couple of months, let alone a year "naturally" so get the image of being "bulky" out of your head.

ReputationRep:
    You weigh under 10 stone at 6 foot 1. You are not going to have any kind of muscles unless you begin eating. You need to be AT LEAST 11 stone at that height, preferably even more. Worry about eating as much as you can for now. Until you do that, no matter what exercises you do, you are unlikely to make gains. The truth sorry

ReputationRep:
    I am no expert but I am sure you are underweight mate. Like what others have said, you have to eat to gain muscle and weight. Determine your Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) in calories, and aim to eat over that number every day, around 10% excess. Start lifting, or at least do some bodyweight exercises with some resistance if you don't have access to a gym. For example, weighted push ups for chest and leg raises for abs. Research workout programs online and there is no need to do any 'high intensity lifting' at all.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.