Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many people apply??

ReputationRep:
    I read 700+ somewhere...

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm okay that's a fair few. I heard that they reply to 150 applicants per day.

ReputationRep:
    All my friends have heard and I haven't so I really don't want to get my hopes up now. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm getting pretty stressed now.

ReputationRep:
    Have they all got unconditionals??
    (Original post by Nysm1501)
    All my friends have heard and I haven't so I really don't want to get my hopes up now. What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeepBopBeep)
    Have they all got unconditionals??
    Yeah. To be fair it is only 2 people but I guess that's a lot from just one area if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah sure I get you. Hmmm...I really am getting twitched. I imagine they will drip feed replies, but it's the fact that I haven't heard of any rejections yet that makes me suspect they may do unconditionals and conditionals first.

ReputationRep:
    Just been reading down the feed from last year. There is a mixtures of rejections and acceptances all at once. There is also offers towards the 29th. There is still hope!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, looking at last years offers some are even on the 1st of May

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying straight from 6th year which I hear is pretty difficult

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying from 5th year, this is making me more nervous now!

ReputationRep:
    So am I, they compare school leavers folios against other school leavers making it fairer however it is still difficult!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's actually quite a good idea!! Makes sense. I didn't take advanced higher and made my portfolio at home so I'm pretty pessimistic tbh. A year out wouldn't be a bad thing either, and the lady at the applicant day said that many students transfer to Djcad after a year at another university. Of those, they all pretty much get in, according to her.

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional for a college course in Glasgow as a backup at least. I'm not really feeling hopeful anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional for grays at RGU but I've fallen for Dundee.fingers crossed for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone has anything to worry about yet! It's not worth losing hope over 😊 There is no reason to say that we won't hear later this week that we got in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pamplegranet)
    I don't think anyone has anything to worry about yet! It's not worth losing hope over 😊 There is no reason to say that we won't hear later this week that we got in
    Well said it wouldn't be the end of the world either, there's many ways to skin the cat.

ReputationRep:
    So my friend was just offered an unconditional about half an hour ago, if i dont get in im going to to the CAP course at grays!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pamplegranet)
    Very true! Looks like we just have to play the waiting game.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.