Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So came across these questions, wanted to see what other peoples approaches are on them. Responses will be much appreciated

1. Female infertility treatment is expensive, has a very low success rate and is even less successful in smokers. To whom do you think it should be available?

2. Is it better to give health care or aid to impoverished countries?

3. In the UK at present 60% of medical students are female. Do you think we should have equal quotas for medical school places for males and females? What do you think are the consequences of having more doctors of one sex than the other?

4. Why do you think an NHS Trust has recently proposed to limit the access of very obese patients to certain types of surgery?

5. From what you have read and found out, where do you see the health service going?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study101)
    Can anyone give a little help on these medicine interview questions? Would be greatly appreciated

1. Female infertility treatment is expensive, has a very low success rate and is even less successful in smokers. To whom do you think it should be available?

2. Is it better to give health care or aid to impoverished countries?

3. In the UK at present 60% of medical students are female. Do you think we should have equal quotas for medical school places for males and females? What do you think are the consequences of having more doctors of one sex than the other?

4. Why do you think an NHS Trust has recently proposed to limit the access of very obese patients to certain types of surgery?

5. From what you have read and found out, where do you see the health service going?

Thanks in advance!
    Dude these are personal questions and the answers should be entirely about yourself and your personal views. Getting someone else to answer them is sort of embarrassing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawbones)
    Dude these are personal questions and the answers should be entirely about yourself and your personal views. Getting someone else to answer them is sort of embarrassing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I understand that they are personal (to some extent), the whole interview process is personal. I've already given answers to these questions, but I just wanted a second opinion, see what other people are thinking and broaden my approach to answering such questions. Sorry if you think it's embarrassing, just wanted to hear other peoples opinions. Thanks for your reply anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study101)
    I understand that they are personal (to some extent), the whole interview process is personal. I've already given answers to these questions, but I just wanted a second opinion, see what other people are thinking and broaden my approach to answering such questions. Sorry if you think it's embarrassing, just wanted to hear other peoples opinions. Thanks for your reply anyway
    Whoops sorry maybe that was a tad harsh. It just sounded like you wanted someone else to do the work for you but if that isn't the case then I apologise

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sawbones)
    Whoops sorry maybe that was a tad harsh. It just sounded like you wanted someone else to do the work for you but if that isn't the case then I apologise

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem, no need to apologise, probably because of the wording of my question, I've changed it now though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.