Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I do Religious Studies at A level, and I got a B at AS which I was fine with. There are three people in my class, and after getting As in mocks all year, the others only got Cs, and felt that the teacher's marking must be poor. So, I handed in an essay they had already marked to see if the grade would come back the same. But they found out, so I had to explain why I had done it and I just feel really awful, like I've exploited them. Its only their second year of teaching and I feel like I betrayed them.

ReputationRep:
    You didn't have to explain, but now you have there's nothing you can do. You'll just have to move on and carry on with your school work, because you can't take it back now.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I cant see the problem other than you have used a bit of deception, wasted time and been caught.
    What you should do is alk to the teacher about your concern of the grade differences. Its normal to score lower in mocks as it stops you being complacent. Maube do some more essays so noth you and your teacher can work towards getting A's by their new standard.

No need to feel bad, but its a good idea to work with your teacher.

ReputationRep:
    As someone going through to be a teacher, I wouldn't worry about it.

Challenging the grade you were given is fine. You probably should have asked for clarification, but it's all right to challenge a grade.

The only people who would care would be those whose papers are easily challenged.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.