The Student Room Group

ATKINS Apprentice

Hello, I'm Jessica and have worked as an ATKINS Apprentice for almost two years now working within the Highways department. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the apprenticeship, how I got my role and what it entails. :smile:
How did you get your role?
Are you enjoying it?
What do you do?
What would you recommend to someone who wants to do it?
Hello there, I got my role by applying on the company website, I had an interview and got my apprenticeship place. I absolutely love my apprenticeship everyone is friendly and supportive and the projects I am involved in give me a real sense of achievement! I work as a CAD technician in a highways design team, I design highways and I would definitely recommend that there is never a dull day and it is definitely worth going into if you enjoy if you have a passion for design and engineering.

Hope this helps you!
Reply 3
Original post by JessicaATKINS
Hello there, I got my role by applying on the company website, I had an interview and got my apprenticeship place. I absolutely love my apprenticeship everyone is friendly and supportive and the projects I am involved in give me a real sense of achievement! I work as a CAD technician in a highways design team, I design highways and I would definitely recommend that there is never a dull day and it is definitely worth going into if you enjoy if you have a passion for design and engineering.

Hope this helps you!

That sounded like a commercial.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by JessicaATKINS
Hello, I'm Jessica and have worked as an ATKINS Apprentice for almost two years now working within the Highways department. Please feel free to ask me any questions about the apprenticeship, how I got my role and what it entails. :smile:

Hi! I recently applied online. I have been told I have been short-listed, with the possibility of an interview on the 3rd of June. I was enquiring to how long after your interview did you get offered a placement? In addition to that, what does the interview process entail? Moreover, I understand if you don't feel comfortable disclosing this, but I have been told I will start (if I get the placement) on £14000 at the time I will be 18. After how long will my wage will increase? Also is this a permanent position? Also is there a chance of progressing onto university? Finally, what is the process of loaning the travel expenses to work? Terribly sorry for the influx of questions.
Hi Jessica did you live locally to atkins? If not wheres the best place for renting accommodation thats neat of with a bus route etc.

Quick Reply

Latest