Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

So I've got my driving test very very soon, and I'm just wondering what to expect?
    I've had mock tests but I've always been fairly calm in them as I'm comfortable with my instructor and happy driving alongside them. However, I'm scared that when I'm sat in a car with someone I don't know, I'll just start screwing everything up and fail my test because I'll just be so nervous and anxious that I'll forget how to drive!

The only thing I'm worried about is roundabouts. I don't really have a lot of problems with them, but my main one is that I doubt myself ALL the time. I hesitate about going when I definitely could have gone, but then I just don't go and I end up waiting ages until I can go again. Should I just trust my instinct? (if it's safe obviously). I've heard that hesitation is a straight fail on a test so this is what I'm most worried about!

Just want to know what to expect really! What are the things that an examiner will put down to nerves? And what are the things that they will straight up fail you on?
    I'm panicking so bad!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How long did it take you to book it? Like did you wait 2 months for this

ReputationRep:
    Book your test on a week day (mon-fri), and in the morning at around 8am, this way the instructor will avoid roundabouts as there is too much traffic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by User9719)
    Book your test on a week day (mon-fri), and in the morning at around 8am, this way the instructor will avoid roundabouts as there is too much traffic.
    Is that really true??
    I'm gonna do it at the lewisham centre, doubt there'll be traffic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAndLennie)
    How long did it take you to book it? Like did you wait 2 months for this
    I booked in January as it was all booked up until March!

ReputationRep:
    It's not that bad, instructors are expecting you to be nervous so don't worry. Hesitation was something I had a problem with but I was lucky as I did my test at 11am and it was really quiet. Slight hesitation won't usually be an instant fail so don't worry and do trust your instincts. I've been driving 3 weeks and hesitation is no longer an issue lol. Remember mirrors and also speed, don't go too slow or fast. (I failed a test for speeding) remember if you fail you can try again, it's not the end of the world, don't put too much pressure on yourself X

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.