Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which university is better for Law?I have visited both universities and to be honest I'm quite confused.I prefer the atmosphere at Aston as it's a smaller campus and the lecturers seem more engaging. The seminars seem like they would be more interactive as there is a smaller cohort of students.UOB on the other hand is a very prestigious university and is highly reputable for Law. However I don't like the atmsopshere at the university as much and the lecturers don't seems as engaging from what Iv'e seen so far.Any feedback would be much appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Go to Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I attend Aston so I thought it would be useful if I share what I think the positives and negatives are.

Positives:
    1. As you are aware it is not as big as Birmingham so lectures and seminars are quite small in numbers compared to larger universities which means more interaction with the lecturer.
    2. I find lecturers to be good at explaining topics and are approachable.
    3. Option to do a placement year after your second year of study.

Negatives:
    1. We don't have the benefit of a Law library like Birmingham, I feel that really is a plus point for students there.
    2. Aston isn't as established as Birmingham in terms of the law degree. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a disadvantage but I feel Birmingham has better links with employers due to its status as a Russell Group university.

I can't think of anything else at the moment but if you have any questions I'll try and answer them for you

ReputationRep:
    Birmingham for the prestige. You'll be headhunted more if you go to uob. That being said if you prefer Aston, then Aston is where you should go.

ReputationRep:
    Uni of Bham if you can ignore the snobbery that comes with most Russell Group unis.

Aston isn't bad (... for things like pharmacy it's actually v. good) but for Law you should probably aim high.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all !!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.