Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would u marry a feminist or a religious muslim girl?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Have been seeing a lot of posts about these 2 categories of women recently.....

No offence!

ReputationRep:
    I'd marry a feminist, yes (in fact I'd prefer a feminist - why would I want to marry someone who doesn't believe in women's rights?). I wouldn't marry a Muslim girl as for me sex is an important part of a relationship and I couldn't wait until marriage for it.

ReputationRep:
    Feminist, Have nothing against Muslims just that I want a girl to eat bacon with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    Feminist, Have nothing against Muslims just that I want a girl to eat bacon with.
    Good point!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter, as long as she has a good heart

ReputationRep:
    I would actually prefer if my future wife was a feminist. I have certain strong beliefs, and I want my significant other to share them to some extent.

I wouldn't marry a Muslim, no. I couldn't marry someone with a strong belief in any major religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaswift)
    I'd marry a feminist, yes (in fact I'd prefer a feminist - why would I want to marry someone who doesn't believe in women's rights?). I wouldn't marry a Muslim girl as for me sex is an important part of a relationship and I couldn't wait until marriage for it.
    I agree with ur first point...... But what do you mean by 'sex is important and hence wouldn't marry a muslim?' U can have sex whenever u want. Or does it say in Islam that u should not have sex more than a limited number of time??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Feminist: Depends on what kind of feminist she is. If she simply believes in equal rights, fine, but I'm not marrying anybody who fosters a disproportionate victim complex and generally conforms to the negative stereotypes of feminists.

Muslim girl: No.

ReputationRep:
    Hell to the nooo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by If u dont mind)
    I agree with ur first point...... But what do you mean by 'sex is important and hence wouldn't marry a muslim?' U can have sex whenever u want. Or does it say in Islam that u should not have sex more than a limited number of time??
    Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    I would actually prefer if my future wife was a feminist. I have certain strong beliefs, and I want my significant other to share them to some extent.

I wouldn't marry a Muslim, no. I couldn't marry someone with a strong belief in any major religion.
    To live with someone with strong religious belief is indeed hard........... (Atleast for some of us)!!
    But i still prefer a muslim girl..... Maybe because i was bought up in an asian culture 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Premarital sex is forbidden in Islam.
    The title says "marry" :lol:

(Original post by Lord Samosa)
    The title says "marry" :lol:
    Yes, but I presume that premarital sex is a prerequisite for marriage for georgiaswift.

ReputationRep:
    Every girl I know refers to themselves as a feminist and I don't disagree with it, so of course I'd marry a feminist.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be opposed to marrying either. But neither could be in extreme forms or I don't think it would work.

ReputationRep:
    To live with someone with strong religious belief is indeed hard........... (Atleast for some of us)!!
    But i still prefer a muslim girl..... Maybe because i was bought up in an asian culture 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The culture you were raised in is irrelevant. Most Asians aren't Muslim either way. Only around 25% of all Asians are Muslim, the rest being mostly Hindus, Buddhists or Sikhs.

Numerous issues arise when marrying a Muslim - from issues with homophobia, sexism, sexual comparability and similar issues.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Feminist: Depends on what kind of feminist she is. If she simply believes in equal rights, fine, but I'm not marrying anybody who fosters a disproportionate victim complex and generally conforms to the negative stereotypes of feminists.

Muslim girl: No.
    Yeah a feminist who believes simply in equal rights is the best choice!!!
    Y not a muslim?

Yeah a feminist who believes simply in equal rights is the best choice!!!
    Y not a muslim?
    Our worldviews would be incompatible, especially with regards to how any potential children should be raised. Not worth the bother.

ReputationRep:
    feminist don't make good wives based on what I've heard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Withengar)
    The culture you were raised in is irrelevant. Most Asians aren't Muslim either way. Only around 25% of all Asians are Muslim, the rest being mostly Hindus, Buddhists or Sikhs.

Numerous issues arise when marrying a Muslim - from issues with homophobia, sexism, sexual comparability and similar issues.
    Well none of these isses arrise if we are dealing with a muslim women......... It mostly happends when a muslim guy marries a muslim woman with such beliefs as if he is superior to his partner.

I personally believe in equal rights and therefore no stuff like sexism or sexual comparability would exist between us. homophobia...... Well we r straight and we r marrying a girl.... So it wont affect those relationships would it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.