The Student Room Group

Would u marry a feminist or a religious muslim girl??

Scroll to see replies

Depends on how much they followed either ideology. I wouldn't marry anyone who was even moderate in either category.
Original post by Proxenus
TSR muslims girls not going to like this thread :/

:cry2:

Jk...I wouldn't want to marry a non-muslim so it doesnt bother me..
Reply 42
Both are fine but personally i think you have to decide based on whats more important to you what in your best interest, personally there's nothing wrong with being a feminist and i follow islam so would marry a muslim
Reply 43
I married a feminist (she asked). So there's one answer.

Would I have married her if she was Muslim? That's a trickier question. I don't think I could be in that kind of relationship with someone who's beliefs on human rights and equality differed. So if it was a Muslim person who supported gay rights, and equality for gender, race etc then I think I'd be okay. How likely is that? I don't know, it's very moderate.

Would I marry someone who we agreed on fundamentals like that, but disagreed on the theism? I think I could get over that. It might be difficult though, it's hard to say without experiencing it.

I'm all for people having the right to think whatever they want. But I might not like them because of it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Depends on what kind of feminist the girl is :h:

Religious muslim, no. It wouldn't work out as I am not a muslim.
Reply 45
Yes I would marry a feminist. In fact I insist on it, I wouldn't marry any man who thought I was inferior to him simply because of my gender.

I wouldn't marry a muslim girl, or any other girl, because I'm straight.
Original post by Hydeman
Do explain, Ms. Soul. :holmes:

Well I am a Muslim by the very basic and core definition, I believe that there is only one God and Muhammad is His messenger. Whether I still count as a Muslim because I don't agree with many other principles, idk

I also strongly believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities etc, that one isn't inferior to the other and such. I do acknowledge that much of Islam goes against this (hence the disagreement with many principles)

At the end of the day, I think calling myself 'Muslim' is simply a way to describe my belief in God, and it's a personal, individual thing. I have my own, separate moral consciousness and I follow what I feel is right. I also make sure doesn't affect the way I interact with people

If you get what I mean
Original post by Serine Soul
Well I am a Muslim by the very basic and core definition, I believe that there is only one God and Muhammad is His messenger. Whether I still count as a Muslim because I don't agree with many other principles, idk

I also strongly believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities etc, that one isn't inferior to the other and such. I do acknowledge that much of Islam goes against this (hence the disagreement with many principles)

At the end of the day, I think calling myself 'Muslim' is simply a way to describe my belief in God, and it's a personal, individual thing. I have my own, separate moral consciousness and I follow what I feel is right. I also make sure doesn't affect the way I interact with people

If you get what I mean

A revisionist Muslim, in other words. :holmes: Yeah, you're one of the few Musilm people whose application I would consider for the role of Mrs. Hydeman, then. :tongue:
Why these two categories?

Are you equating the rights of women with a religion?
Original post by Hydeman
Mrs. Hydeman

Misogynist. :noway:
You should become Mr. Soul

Original post by Serine Soul

If you get what I mean

this is the most "extreme" I'd go for either category
basically I just want a normal person :lol:
Original post by Zargabaath

I'm afraid I'm going to insist on this one tradition. :wink:

But, hey, I'll let her work and keep her own earnings and everything. :lol: #SoProgressive.
'feminist' > 'muslim' > muslim > radical muslim > irrational feminist > radical feminist
I don't intend to marry anyone, so no.
Considering I drank a few beers last night and woke up to a bacon sandwich I doubt a religious Muslim girl would remotely consider marrying me.:smile:
As long as the feminist isnt the militant, burn all men type then I'd happily marry them.
No to the Muslim though unless she's a wild nymphomaniac.
Reply 55
No and no.
Some people take this 'feminist' wayyyy too farr!!!

Freaks me out.
Original post by Hydeman
A revisionist Muslim, in other words. :holmes: Yeah, you're one of the few Musilm people whose application I would consider for the role of Mrs. Hydeman, then. :tongue:

Lol

I don't even want to apply though :redface:

Don't wanna get with a medic :noway:
Original post by Zargabaath

this is the most "extreme" I'd go for either category
basically I just want a normal person :lol:

I've been called 'normal'... That's a first :colondollar:
Two different ends of extreme spectrums lol

Quick Reply

Latest