Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would u marry a feminist or a religious muslim girl?? watch

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how much they followed either ideology. I wouldn't marry anyone who was even moderate in either category.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Proxenus)
    TSR muslims girls not going to like this thread :/
    :cry2:

Jk...I wouldn't want to marry a non-muslim so it doesnt bother me..

ReputationRep:
    Both are fine but personally i think you have to decide based on whats more important to you what in your best interest, personally there's nothing wrong with being a feminist and i follow islam so would marry a muslim

ReputationRep:
    I married a feminist (she asked). So there's one answer.

Would I have married her if she was Muslim? That's a trickier question. I don't think I could be in that kind of relationship with someone who's beliefs on human rights and equality differed. So if it was a Muslim person who supported gay rights, and equality for gender, race etc then I think I'd be okay. How likely is that? I don't know, it's very moderate.

Would I marry someone who we agreed on fundamentals like that, but disagreed on the theism? I think I could get over that. It might be difficult though, it's hard to say without experiencing it.

I'm all for people having the right to think whatever they want. But I might not like them because of it.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Depends on what kind of feminist the girl is

Religious muslim, no. It wouldn't work out as I am not a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would marry a feminist. In fact I insist on it, I wouldn't marry any man who thought I was inferior to him simply because of my gender.

I wouldn't marry a muslim girl, or any other girl, because I'm straight.

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Do explain, Ms. Soul. :holmes:
    Well I am a Muslim by the very basic and core definition, I believe that there is only one God and Muhammad is His messenger. Whether I still count as a Muslim because I don't agree with many other principles, idk

I also strongly believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities etc, that one isn't inferior to the other and such. I do acknowledge that much of Islam goes against this (hence the disagreement with many principles)

At the end of the day, I think calling myself 'Muslim' is simply a way to describe my belief in God, and it's a personal, individual thing. I have my own, separate moral consciousness and I follow what I feel is right. I also make sure doesn't affect the way I interact with people

If you get what I mean

(Original post by Serine Soul)
    Well I am a Muslim by the very basic and core definition, I believe that there is only one God and Muhammad is His messenger. Whether I still count as a Muslim because I don't agree with many other principles, idk

I also strongly believe that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities etc, that one isn't inferior to the other and such. I do acknowledge that much of Islam goes against this (hence the disagreement with many principles)

At the end of the day, I think calling myself 'Muslim' is simply a way to describe my belief in God, and it's a personal, individual thing. I have my own, separate moral consciousness and I follow what I feel is right. I also make sure doesn't affect the way I interact with people

If you get what I mean
    A revisionist Muslim, in other words. :holmes: Yeah, you're one of the few Musilm people whose application I would consider for the role of Mrs. Hydeman, then.

ReputationRep:
    Why these two categories?

Are you equating the rights of women with a religion?

ReputationRep:
    Mrs. Hydeman
    Misogynist. :noway:
    You should become Mr. Soul

(Original post by Serine Soul)

If you get what I mean
    this is the most "extreme" I'd go for either category
    basically I just want a normal person :lol:

(Original post by Zargabaath)
    I'm afraid I'm going to insist on this one tradition.

But, hey, I'll let her work and keep her own earnings and everything. :lol: #SoProgressive.

'feminist' > 'muslim' > muslim > radical muslim > irrational feminist > radical feminist
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't intend to marry anyone, so no.

ReputationRep:
    Considering I drank a few beers last night and woke up to a bacon sandwich I doubt a religious Muslim girl would remotely consider marrying me.

ReputationRep:
    As long as the feminist isnt the militant, burn all men type then I'd happily marry them.
    No to the Muslim though unless she's a wild nymphomaniac.

ReputationRep:
    No and no.

ReputationRep:
    Some people take this 'feminist' wayyyy too farr!!!

Freaks me out.

A revisionist Muslim, in other words. :holmes: Yeah, you're one of the few Musilm people whose application I would consider for the role of Mrs. Hydeman, then.
    Lol

I don't even want to apply though

Don't wanna get with a medic :noway:

(Original post by Zargabaath)

this is the most "extreme" I'd go for either category
    basically I just want a normal person :lol:
    I've been called 'normal'... That's a first

ReputationRep:
    Two different ends of extreme spectrums lol

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.