Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys

For the past 3 weeks my attendance has been just horrible. I've been feeling very unwell mentally and just can't bring myself to go in. This lead to broken weeks where I'm in one day and not the next or I'm coming in in half days. It's really bad I know but I feel so done with everything, I can't seem to wake up and drag myself to school. Or do anything for that matter.

The school... well 6th form... is obviously suspicious and on my ass for it and I don't know how to explain it to them because I can't just say I'm sick it doesn't make sense.

I saw the doctor about it but he put it down to stress and told me to speak to the school counsellor (which I'm not sure we even have).

I just feel like **** and I know I am an idiot for missing school like this but I really don't know what's wrong with me. I've completely shut down and I feel like I can barely do daily activities anymore.

I don't know I guess I was making this thread to ask for advice. How do I snap out of it?

ReputationRep:
    Tell your head of 6th form and see what they say. I would honestly go back to the doctor if its just getting worse.

same :hugs: and you know you can't just snap out of it, you have to make another appointment!! This is something serious, not just something you can snap out of >.>

(Original post by ninjasayshi)
    Tell your head of 6th form and see what they say. I would honestly go back to the doctor if its just getting worse.
    Alright I'll try to talk to her, though she isn't the friendliest of people.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    same :hugs: and you know you can't just snap out of it, you have to make another appointment!! This is something serious, not just something you can snap out of >.>
    Yeah I guess I'm just gonna have to make an appointment. I'm worried because of how close exams are.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm in the same situation too, its so hard. Does your sixth form offer counselling? It might help. Maybe see another doctor for a second opinion, it sounds more serious than just stress. You can pm me anytime if you want to talk

(Original post by bassbabe)
    I know how you feel, I'm in the same situation too, its so hard. Does your sixth form offer counselling? It might help. Maybe see another doctor for a second opinion, it sounds more serious than just stress. You can pm me anytime if you want to talk
    I don't think they do, I know we have a nurse but I don't know about a counsellor. I'll ask and make another appointment next week. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    the counsellor may well not be in every day or someone specific may have to make you an appointment but I'm sure there is one

I would definitely come clean to your school so you can try and put things in place to get your through exams, e.g. getting work sent home, having somewhere to take time out rather than going home, having someone to check in with/mentor etc

in the meantime try and get to school, I know it's far easier said than done but the more time you have off the harder it will get (which I'm sure you've noticed already!) and the more behind you will get (which will add to your stress), try and talk to people about how you're feeling and make sure you're keep good habits, e.g. sleep, eating, exercise, no alcohol/caffeine/smoking

(Original post by doodle_333)
    the counsellor may well not be in every day or someone specific may have to make you an appointment but I'm sure there is one

I would definitely come clean to your school so you can try and put things in place to get your through exams, e.g. getting work sent home, having somewhere to take time out rather than going home, having someone to check in with/mentor etc

in the meantime try and get to school, I know it's far easier said than done but the more time you have off the harder it will get (which I'm sure you've noticed already!) and the more behind you will get (which will add to your stress), try and talk to people about how you're feeling and make sure you're keep good habits, e.g. sleep, eating, exercise, no alcohol/caffeine/smoking
    I'll ask on Monday about the counsellor, and I'll try to be as honest as I can as well. Yeah I know it's already pretty bad and I'm quite behind but I'm trying to catch up. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'll ask on Monday about the counsellor, and I'll try to be as honest as I can as well. Yeah I know it's already pretty bad and I'm quite behind but I'm trying to catch up. Thank you
    you have time to catch up though as it stands now! particularly if you can get teachers on side and have a few catch up meetings, get some work to go through etc and someone to work out a schedule so that catching up isn't too stressful

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.