Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cougem)
    Wasn't that sort of given in the question?
    look man im desperate 4 a mark i have got that and the eye drug totally wrong which means im already limited to a maximum of 80; probs lost another 10 at least

that means bye bye uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goliath)
    look man im desperate 4 a mark i have got that and the eye drug totally wrong which means im already limited to a maximum of 80; probs lost another 10 at least

that means bye bye uni
    Nah, don't sweat it, just remember the magic that is UMS.

ReputationRep:
    No, the reflective layer is so light can be absorbed a second time for sure. That argument of yours is useless because the cats can just close their pupils like you or eye in the day time - infact the question even states this was possible.
    look guys, they wanted u to really just "SUGGEST" why the cat's eye was designed like that, not to know it! The obvious one with the larger pupil to allow more light through was simple, but the glowing eye one was a "suggestion" question. You can probably gain credit by writing a completely wrong idea but backed it up.

Ive seen loadsa mammalian past papers before, and have mark schemes for them, and there's usually loadsa points for a "original" question such as the cats eye, and then at the bottom of the mark scheme for that question, it will usually say in brackets (or any reasonable argument/point).

ReputationRep:
    Why would you get a mark for protection if it couldn't possibly protect you because it was behind the eye? When it'd make it worse?

I do understand what you're saying; I'm hoping to get a mark for saying there will be more LDLs in the blood because the body will compensate to get the same amount in the cells after the receptors come off, even though everyone else wrote differently.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.