Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First of all, (and I'm not joking when I say this), the people at the top (of society) are actively involved in TSR and many of the topics you see regarding immigration/Islam/race and the like. You may not have realised thus far, but it's a fact.

I feel that the solution to everything is to go hard on the countries from which people are emigrating (due to whatever reason) and make their countries peaceful and first world.

Therefore, say, Syria - it could simply be made first world (like England) - can you imagine how fantastic that would be for the people there? And then stretch it out to other countries. Then, there would simply be no flood of people trying to come here. There'd be no reason to!

It is possible, it's simply that we're weak and lazy right now - if we get masses more of the population (especially here in first-world countries) working on making their countries not just much better but a hell of a lot better (it can be done, easily within our lifetimes), their countries will be on par with ours - and that would be a beautiful sight for the world to behold.

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by King Scorchy)
    First of all, (and I'm not joking when I say this), the people at the top (of society) are actively involved in TSR and many of the topics you see regarding immigration/Islam/race and the like. You may not have realised thus far, but it's a fact.

I feel that the solution to everything is to go hard on the countries from which people are emigrating (due to whatever reason) and make their countries peaceful and first world.

Therefore, say, Syria - it could simply be made first world (like England) - can you imagine how fantastic that would be for the people there? And then stretch it out to other countries. Then, there would simply be no flood of people trying to come here. There'd be no reason to!

It is possible, it's simply that we're weak and lazy right now - if we get masses more of the population (especially here in first-world countries) working on making their countries not just much better but a hell of a lot better (it can be done, easily within our lifetimes), their countries will be on par with ours - and that would be a beautiful sight for the world to behold.

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    If you're actually being serious here, saying "make Syria a first-world country like England" is not a solution. Firstly, Syria was not a poor, despotic country. It was developed and stable before the war. Secondly, you do realise that if it was simply as easy as magically making countries develop freedom, prosperity and western ideals, somebody probably would have done it by now? How exactly do you propose that Syria "simply be made first world"?

ReputationRep:

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    "Make everywhere a first world country" is harder than it sounds... more like a naïve utopian plan.

Sticking with the idea, however, Japan rejected 99% of Syrian asylum applicants but invested over $100million for infrastructure spending (roads, transport, buildings etc) in Syria. Granted they gave Syria the money on the condition that they'd only contract with Japanese companies but I digress.
    It is very harsh, but I think this is could be a more humane way for all sides in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    If you're actually being serious here, saying "make Syria a first-world country like England" is not a solution. Firstly, Syria was not a poor, despotic country. It was developed and stable before the war. Secondly, you do realise that if it was simply as easy as magically making countries develop freedom, prosperity and western ideals, somebody probably would have done it by now? How exactly do you propose that Syria "simply be made first world"?
    Your thinking is what stops it happening. And it's a common (yet massively wrong) disbelief.

It's like many things - "We can't do it". We can, it's just that overall, people are lazy, weak, and self-centered.

It's very attainable, I'll be back to this thread a lot to show that it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemting)
    "Make everywhere a first world country" is harder than it sounds... more like a naïve utopian plan.

Sticking with the idea, however, Japan rejected 99% of Syrian asylum applicants but invested over $100million for infrastructure spending (roads, transport, buildings etc) in Syria. Granted they gave Syria the money on the condition that they'd only contract with Japanese companies but I digress.
    It is very harsh, but I think this is could be a more humane way for all sides in the long term.
    I literally chuckled to myself reading his post, a little naive is code for completely stupid, never going to happen and impossible to happen.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your thinking is what stops it happening. And it's a common (yet massively wrong) disbelief.

It's like many things - "We can't do it". We can, it's just that overall, people are lazy, weak, and self-centered.

Oh please do, the world could do with more comedians

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Then please explain to me how you intend to solve the problem in Syria rather than telling me that we're lazy, weak and self-centered.

ReputationRep:
    I was waiting for carpet bomb the middle east *disappointed* :sad:

Still inflicting western ideology sounds like a wonderful utopia. Boris Johnson or Donald Trump to rule over us all?

ReputationRep:
    Send them to Israel as Jewish people love diversity.

ReputationRep:
    This sounds like a diluted version of the "it's the West's fault for everything" mantra.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    Bonkers. We dont have the money to stop the war and arent prepared to sacrifice the troops to sort it out, even if we could.

For a poor third or second world country with a despotic reime and popilation in civil war to a peace loving successful commercial entity takes generations and decades of develpment. thats soemthing they have to do themselves.

When the war ends then eventually many of them will remain in Syria or go back if they cna make a life there.

refugees are just a small part of immigration. Your post is naive.

ReputationRep:
    OP will tell us how to make nuclear fusion power stations next.

ReputationRep:

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    Happy fourth birthday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    OP will tell us how to make nuclear fusion power stations next.
    Or make a real spaceship out of some old cardboard boxes.

ReputationRep:
    I've just solved world poverty.

It's soo easy! All you need to do is make all the places that print things to print money and send it to places like Africa so that poor people will be millionaires. Then they can buy all the food they need and nice houses and cars with swimming pools.

And it's possible! All we need to do is stop being week and shellfish !

By Howard (age 6 and three quarters)

Next week read my "What I did during the summer holidays" story.

ReputationRep:
    Get rid of a backward ideology and I'm sure we'll see significant growth in the region.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aceadria)
    Get rid of a backward ideology and I'm sure we'll see significant growth in the region.
    One of the biggest problems Syria faces at the moment is drought. It was a lack of water that caused many farmers to have to abandon their farms and move to the cities, where they produced a lot of civil unrest. There is really very little subsistence that can be made in Syria at the moment.

ReputationRep:

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    Yeh lets get Syrians off their asses to try and defeat ISIS, not like they're doing that now anyway?

I seriously don't get the entire point of this thread. There are weak and lazy people here in Britain (and they get the advantages of benefits), just like there are in every country around the world. It's more of an individual difference, person to person, than a cultural way of life. These countries (like in Africa) are also being destroyed by famine, by conditions in which humans struggle to live, by diseases like Ebola. Human life cannot cope with such conditions, not a persons mindset.

One last point, if you really think that people from these countries are lazy, then ****ing explain how many of them cross the dangerous path across the Mediterannean, how they go through Turkey, to Greece, to Macedonia, Serbia up to Germany, walking for elongated periods of time, with a lack of food, water. Please, these people are the strongest people on earth right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Or make a real spaceship out of some old cardboard boxes.
    He won't because we are all weak lazy, weak and self centred. OP seems to have a god complex but without any godly powers.

ReputationRep:

I mean everywhere.

And it's very possible.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH

* snigger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.