Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So there's been a few times since I got my black box where I've gone a few mph over the limit, its not for prolonged periods of time but more that I'll go a little bit over then realize and slow down to under or at the limit.

Will I be alright?

I'm with Drive Smart.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about smart drive, but I was with Tesco at one point and they never called me up on it... after you get your no claims I would switch insurance anyway.. mine went from around £120 a month with the box to £60/70 a month without one after I changed insurance companies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Butters)
    I don't know about smart drive, but I was with Tesco at one point and they never called me up on it... after you get your no claims I would switch insurance anyway.. mine went from around £120 a month with the box to £60/70 a month without one after I changed insurance companies.
    Yeah i've heard that Tesco arent very strict with their black boxes, I tried to get a quote with them but couldnt for some reason? Yeah thats the plan, as its stupidly expensive now i'll just have to drive like a grandma for a year then take the box off once i've got 1-years no claims and I should be good.

ReputationRep:
    i have a friend whose on tesco, he drives like a nut but doesnt get in trouble for it. however doing this consistently he did get a notice at some point. so basically with tesco you can speed here and there without issue.

i used to have morethan smart box, and its a lot different. i got warnings on two occasions, first time for driving 54mph on a 40 zone, and 40mph on a 30 zone. if you drive about 10mph over the speed limit they will be on your ass about it and the driving score will dwindle, its a lot more strict and even driving well makes it difficult to get a decent score. morethan blackbox is terrible. they even called me up saying car isnt at registered address because i used to stay at my gf's a lot or leave the car parked at hers, and they insist that the car must stay around registered address for the majority of the time. which is understandable i suppose but pretty freaky.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.