Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I finished recieving offers for medicine 2016 entry. I'm in a very fortunate position to have been offered a place at Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee Unis and I am finding it difficult to choose between them.

I live in Glasgow and would have to stay at home if I choose Glasgow but I would prefer to move out however I know offer factors are important. The league tables are no help since the rankings are very different depending on which league table I look at.

Anyone at these Unis for medicine? Why did you pick your uni specifically?

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inspired1178)
    Hi everyone,

I finished recieving offers for medicine 2016 entry. I'm in a very fortunate position to have been offered a place at Glasgow, Aberdeen and Dundee Unis and I am finding it difficult to choose between them.

I live in Glasgow and would have to stay at home if I choose Glasgow but I would prefer to move out however I know offer factors are important. The league tables are no help since the rankings are very different depending on which league table I look at.

Anyone at these Unis for medicine? Why did you pick your uni specifically?

Thank you.
    I do Med in Bham when I'm from London. I highly recommend staying at home for Glasgow because you save a lot of money and you'll get your food made for you at home etc. Fyi, rankings of medicine degrees is different to rankings of other degrees ie they don't matter in the slightest.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd recommend not living at home. It does leave you somewhat socially isolated and whilst its true that things will be a little 'safer', university is a great opportunity to get your independence rather than living with mum forever (which, bear in mind, may well not be an option when you're allocated FY1 jobs anyway).

Couldn't tell you more about those universities. Visit, do your research, and make the best choice you can. I encourage you to be as objective as possible.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.