Turn on thread page Beta

Is there a secure place (like a locker) to store things at university? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've tried calling my uni and they say that they're all booked up. Where is another place in London I can store my valuables because I have a thief in my house that I need to hide things from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealites)
    I've tried calling my uni and they say that they're all booked up. Where is another place in London I can store my valuables because I have a thief in my house that I need to hide things from.
    Do you not have lockable doors within your student house? If you don't, and the valuables are relatively small, could you consider buying a lockable filing cabinet or similar for your room, or store things in a suitcase with a secure padlock?

Otherwise, your only option is likely to be to pay for a storage unit, and this could be pretty expensive if you only need to store small items.

ReputationRep:
    if it's only small buy a lockable safe/cupboard

ReputationRep:
    Safety deposit box? There are a few companies in London that do them.

However, unless you have a seriously brazen and determined thief, buying a locker and keeping it in your house should go the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Safety deposit box? There are a few companies in London that do them.

However, unless you have a seriously brazen and determined thief, buying a locker and keeping it in your house should go the trick.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Very rare these days and will probably be out of the budget of a student whose valuables probably are worth about <£2k.

OP would be better off investing the cost on physical security deterrent measures, such as a lockable cabinet, a simple Raspberry Pi-based CCTV solution, an alarm; or if the valuables are replaceable, simply a decent contents insurance policy and the will to call the police if there is an incident.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.