Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody Online,who has done Alevels around 2013, need URGENT advice! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have already posted this question in another section, but maybe it was in the wrong Forum.
    So basically me and my friend took the same english exam , at different Schools.
    However they certificates look different. Mine still has that old look, yellow with Isabel Sutclif being responsible. Hers has Lesley Davies as Responsible?!
    the security marks are also different.
    Our fear is that when we enroll ( we going to same uni) theyl look at certificates and reject them as they may think ist fraud. So somebody in here who has taken exams from 2012-2014 could be great help to us.
    Please help, we are so nervous and confused!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by JennyBlu)
    I have already posted this question in another section, but maybe it was in the wrong Forum.
    So basically me and my friend took the same english exam , at different Schools.
    However they certificates look different. Mine still has that old look, yellow with Isabel Sutclif being responsible. Hers has Lesley Davies as Responsible?!
    the security marks are also different.
    Our fear is that when we enroll ( we going to same uni) theyl look at certificates and reject them as they may think ist fraud. So somebody in here who has taken exams from 2012-2014 could be great help to us.
    Please help, we are so nervous and confused!
    As long as the security marks are normal then i can't see why they would think it was fraud, was it that same exam board for sure?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    As long as the security marks are normal then i can't see why they would think it was fraud, was it that same exam board for sure?
    Yes it is edexcel. I heard that Leslie davies took over in 2013 or something But on my paper isabel sutcliffe is the responsible one.
    Must i or she apply for a replacement? they are so damn expensive
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by JennyBlu)
    Yes it is edexcel. I heard that Leslie davies took over in 2013 or something But on my paper isabel sutcliffe is the responsible one.
    Must i or she apply for a replacement? they are so damn expensive
    I don't think that would be necessary, it's likely you just have certificates printed on different dates.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they will suspect fraud. Universities see a wide range of certificates and are easily able to tell what is genuine and what isn't, so if they're genuine you have nothing to worry about. Even then, they could phone up the exam board you took the exams in and check if you completed the qualification.

Did you both have the same exam board? Each exam board has different styles of certificate. Lesley Davies is the Vice President for Quality for Pearson, Isabel Sutcliffe is the director of Pearson/Edexcel. Maybe there's a different design depending on certain variables?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.