Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I got in for law and yet they keep telling me that it would have been better if I applied to Oxbridge because it's far more famous. They keep repeating how LSE may be okay for law but it isn't Oxbridge. -_-

It's really getting on my nerves because I worked really hard for this and I don't even get a moment of praise (not that I want it) and despite showing them rankings and articles about LSE they still won't bite.

What in the world can I do to change their minds?

ReputationRep:
    First and foremost, I don't think it's worth reapplying in the next UCAS cycle to try and get into law at Oxbridge when you already have an offer for LSE. I know of quite a few people who've graduated here recently and secured training contracts at top firms as well as full-time paralegal jobs in various industries. One of the benefits of being at LSE is that there are tonnes of law firms right near campus, right in the centre of the City who host plenty of events and workshops for Law (and non-Law) students. There's also the Royal Courts of Justice literally right next door to the campus, so it's certainly not dull for Law enthusiasts. I can't give too much info as I'm a statistics student myself at LSE but from what I've seen, prospects are good as long as you are proactive. Ultimately, it's down to you. You shouldn't be pressured into anything you don't want to do. That's a lot of time and money wasted if you make the wrong decision. Good luck.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.