Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

16th Mar: How often do you exercise? Watch

• Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I usually run 3 times a week and walk most places. I think I tend to have one day a week (just because) where I tend not to exercise.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Me? I train in jitsu at least twice a week although I tend to do 3 sessions in total a week, walk everywhere and planning to do Tough Mudder in the summer.

I think I'm a little too active

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I run downstairs to the fridge.

ReputationRep:
    I jog/run half the way to my class 1.5 km away and return jogging/running most of the way 6 days a week. I also try to run up the stairs mostly unless it's more than 4 stories up. I don't take the stairs unless I think I will run up them.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Have no car in my family so walk everywhere usually
    walk 2 miles a day usually/run if i can be bothered
    yeah that's it really :dontknow:
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    I tend to run 2-3 times a week (between 3-5 miles each time) and then go to the gym about 2-3 times a week too so will do anywhere between 4-6 days of exercise a week.

I exercise because it makes me feel good and makes me feel more confident, I do however feel guilty if I'm unable to exercise for a few days, get itchy feet. For me I guess it's a slight addiction you could say?

ReputationRep:
    i exercise by eating cakes. I also run on a treadmill and reward myself with a kfc
    Spoiler:
    Show
    just kidding. i exercise my fingers and biceps if you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I have a tredmill at home, and after realising that I have unfortunately put on a stone, I decided to do a 20 ninute run when I wake up, and 20 mins after school!

ReputationRep:
    I love running and go through phases of doing a few a week and phases of not doing any... need to up my motivation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!
    I go the gym for an hour before university 4 or 5 times a week and walk half a mile to campus but to be honest I hate it! I hate exercising and sport. It makes me feel weak and exhausted! The only exercise I love is walking!

ReputationRep:
    I run 4 times a week, around 4 miles each time. On the days when I'm not running I'll usually do a five-mile walk, and in the school holidays I can sometimes end up walking seven to eight miles a day.

I don't do anything else, but I'd quite like to start doing a bit of strength training - will probs do this when I go to uni and have access to a gym at times that suit me (currently only have access to school gym and you can only go in at certain times which don't suit me)

ReputationRep:
    i used to do calisthenics and pole dancing and i had wicked abs, then i fell pregnant. iv attended gym since having my baby but after christmas i gave up
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I do compulsory PE once a week, but then 2 more PE lessons a week (GCSE)
    On top of this, I go to badminton club once a week, and hockey club once a week
    I also go to the gym twice a week, for about an hour and a half each session
    I want to start going swimming once a week too

I exercise because I enjoy it. I like overcoming challenges and pushing myself, which is why I like going to the gym with my friend who is a lot fitter than me, as I try to keep up.

Also prom is in like 3 months and I want to look good.

I wouldn't say I'm addicted to exercise because I don't feel bad when I don't, I just feel better after I do. It took a while to get to enjoy sport, but now I do, I can't imagine not exercising regularly.

ReputationRep:
    Well I love all sorts of sports, but really playing university level basketball is my dream, especially at Ox since they are really good. But that means exercise seems to be an obsession because the level of fitness required are just too much.

So exercise everyday, sometimes I do a gym after school and a basketball session in the evening after prep. I do running twice a week too.

Yeah I kinda felt guilty if I don't do any exercise on that day.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BBC Radio 1)

I have been going to the gym since last month and currently go twice a week. I go because i have put on a bit of weight and wanted to lose a few pounds but i find it helps me to relax and i feel great after a workout.
    I do feel it is possible to become too focused as i have been eating junk for the past few days and feel guilty that i need to exercise more.

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym 3 times per week and take part in MMA training 3 times per week.

ReputationRep:
    I go gym three times a week, then do cardio (HIIT) as well. For sports it's mainly swimming and badminton.

ReputationRep:
    I run 3/4 times a week, and do workouts if I don't have time to run. It's somewhat more fun than going to the gym (although it'd be great if i had time to play sports) plus I like keeping myself fit.

ReputationRep:
    when im in uni and maybe in the summer i'll go gym,i do pushups/situps occasionaly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.