Turn on thread page Beta

16th Mar: How often do you exercise? watch

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym 2 or 3 times a week, do a bodyweight workout or two a week, grease the groove with bodyweight practically every day, and a stick workout every week.

ReputationRep:
    I swim 4 times week and either ski or use my recumbent bike other times.

ReputationRep:
    I swim twice a week, but only because I love the sport.

ReputationRep:
    I try to run once every two days because I want to get to the point where I can climb up three flights of stairs without being out of breath. I can only run when it's dark because otherwise I feel like people are staring at me.
    Does anyone else feel like this or am I the only one? :blush:

NEVER... Bite me

(Original post by elen90)
    Sometimes I run downstairs to the fridge.
    ...and then you run back upstairs and jump back into a warm, cosy bed containing a warm, cuddly (naked) lustawny! :awesome:

True story.

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym 4 times a week. Pick some things up and then put them back down again.

Not really sure why at this point. Initially, I signed up because I was getting fat and so I did some cardio. Started doing weights as well and now I entirely just do those. I walk to the gym about 20 minutes each way though so I'm fit now I guess, definitely not fat anyway. But I don't eat a diet that's good for bodybuilding so seeing results is taking a long time. My mummy says I'm a lot bigger though, but I don't believe her.

It is fun I guess, it's a challenge to try and beat what you could do last time. My lifts seem to have been stagnant for a while now though, plus I've just recently gone back after a month long illness, so it's been less fun lately as everything's down. But, with time, that will improve.

ReputationRep:
    I walk into town almost daily or at least a good few times a week and its about a 15 min walk from my flat and then I walk about town for a few hours and walk back but as for exercising such as going to a gym or using equipment at home, never. I never run or jog either.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!
    I love sports and I used to be so active when I was younger. Now being a teenager with my AS exams, it can be difficult to fit exercise into my schedule. Although i do make sure that I do some simple home exercises for toning.

I think that fitting sports into your schedule would be a great break from studying, however I lack the motivation to do anything more than badminton once a week because it's not like the sports centre is right next to my house.

However I love exercising because I know it is vital to maintain good health and I do want to become more toned. I tried going for a jog once or twice but I feel awkward without someone to run with, plus I find it boring.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not as much as I should. Went to the gym today though so hoping to get into the routine of going

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i do exercise once a week and it's 2:15 hours - i play badminton
    and i do walk - fast walk everyday when i taking i get the bus

ReputationRep:
    I go gym 6x/week -> Legs/Push/Pull -> day off -> Legs/Push/Pull = Repeat.

I take deload weeks once every 4 months when I feel like I'm just going through the motions
    but instantly gain back the enthusiasm because I love taking the steps towards improving yourself
    on a daily basis.

To me gym isn't just about gaining aesthetics(which beginners crave) I care more about mental health
    and being able to use gym as a tool to get rid of daily stress that piles up. Imo, that is what separates
    Gym veterans from New year resolutioners.

Also, I love how the more time you put in, the more results you'll see as its a key aspect in anything
    you do in life.

Spoiler:
    Show
    We're all gonna make it ...(assuming you are still grinding) :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Gym 4-5 times a week plus regular jogging.

ReputationRep:
    Going up the stairs is equivalent to running 5k.

ReputationRep:
    My exercise is by going out with my road bike and hitting the country roads. I try and aim for three times a week minimum or riding but it's so hard with the time constraints of my course. Each ride is like 18 miles so why not

I purely enjoy cycling, but I don't really do it for the weight loss, that's just a secondary effect of it.

(Original post by BBC Radio 1)
    This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!
    I do exercise regularly, on a daily basis I would say, mornings and evenings 10-20 minutes. The focus is mainly on chest. However, I do take breaks, every two weeks or so, I have a day off and this is usually because of my work where I'm completely exhausted when I'm back home.

My main goal of exercising is to keep distracted from other things and it actually helps me clear my mind, and to answer your question, I will go with staying fit because I do it for myself not for anyone else, but you can also do it for yourself to "look good", if you're into that kind of stuff..

I believe you can get too focused if you're going to be taking fitness too seriously, for me it's just fun and I enjoy doing it.

I've been attending gym in past few months but it just isn't for me, I have to spend about an hour just to get there and I wasn't actually using any equipment that was provided. The only good thing for me of going to gym was meeting new people but that's what I do in my current job so everything's fine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I used to be more active last year; I did Muay Thai and swimming regularly. Now I only workout twice a day; I do it to keep fit and yes it is possible to become attached to fitness because I feel uneasy if I have not done a workout a day. I don't usually go to gyms because I'm far too shy; so I just make use of equipment I have at home.

ReputationRep:
    Since A levels kicked in, I've done hardly any exercise and have put on weight. I used to walk to school (40 mins) and go to the gym. Pshtt not anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I do a lot of rowing which means I exercise about 8 times a week

ReputationRep:
    From the age of 9 I have been boxing 4 times a week for two hours per session all the way up until year 9. Apart from the boxing my other physical activity at the time was just me being outside all the time playing football and enjoying myself.

Since Year 11 I have taken up muay thai and have been doing it four times a week with 2 hours per session. Other than that I also go to the gym, anything from once to 4 times a week for a solid hour and a half session and I do a mixture of cardio and strength training depending on how tired I am. I am in Year 13 now and as exams are coming up I have been going to muay thai less (I go only once or twice a week now just for sparring as the gym is a good 30 to 45 minutes by bus in London lmao) and I go gym up to 4 times a week now just to keep in shape.

I do not follow a diet, I just make sure that I eat 3 square meals a day with the odd extra chicken and chips here during a free period here and there.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.