Turn on thread page Beta

16th Mar: How often do you exercise? watch

ReputationRep:
    I love boxing

ReputationRep:
    Daily, I try to eat myself into oblivion then workout (weight lift) for an hour.

ReputationRep:
    I run occasionally and I walk pretty much everywhere, and always take the stairs. I'm hoping to exercise more when I'm in uni and have easy access to a gym.

ReputationRep:
    Run about 30 km a week, gym 3 times and sometimes 5-a-side football
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    If I count martial arts to my exercise (and of course going to the gym), three, sometimes four times a week. But not only to kep fit and look good, but also to become better in my sports.

ReputationRep:
    Gym 5 times a week (2 hours per session) plus 2 jkd lessons (1.30 hours per session). Then two days off to relax the body.

ReputationRep:
    I lift weights 3 times a week. I used to do it just to look good, but now I'm really focused on becoming stronger.

I used to be addicted to cardio when I had an eating disorder.

ReputationRep:
    Gym 4 times a week
    Swim once a week
    Boxing once a week
    Cycling once a week
    Motocross once every couple of weeks whence got some money saved up (£30 to go to the track + a set of tires every two sessions, plugs, oil, brake pads, etched so it ends up being a bit pricey)
    I used to run 10 - 12 times a week which is how I injured my knee. 6 weeks of rest later and I'm running a couple of times a week to build my running back up.
    Walk my dogs a couple of miles every day too.

Benefits of only working 20 hours a week.

ReputationRep:
    The gym 4 nights a week, Yoga maybe about 30 minutes a day if I can and I spend a day out at the stables. Plus I try to walk anywhere in town and when it's the finer nights, maybe three times a week walk the dog.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by _icecream)
    I love boxing
    And how often do you exercise boxing a week? nice to see that a girl loves to box.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    At most, 3 times a week. I'm very lazy.

ReputationRep:
    I go to the gym 3 times a week and also a badminton club once a week. Soon to be starting going swimming once I pass my driving test!

ReputationRep:
    I do spin classes at least 3 times a week (which last 50 minutes), with an hour of weight training after

ReputationRep:
    I go for a walk every week usually

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've tried using the home running machine every day, and I also try and do some home exercise with weights/situps/pressups and that kind of stuff. Don't go to a professional gym tho - I don't have the time or money!

I do martial arts once or twice a week, I have netball practice twice, hockey practice, badminton and usually a hockey or netball match each week

^and I hate running because I don't like people driving past, etc. looking at me

ReputationRep:
    Leg day every day, SS + GOMAD, sniff creatine, liquidate all food and mix it with protein powder for more efficient digestion, eat solid zinc bars and wake up doing skateboard squats.

Do
    You
    Even
    Lift

ReputationRep:
    I literally do no exercise at all, the result of working 40+ hours a week plus a 2 hour commute including nights. I feel so yucky about myself but I am so exhausted after work I just go to bed. I used to do about 20 miles on my exercise bike every 2 days but I never saw any results (poor diet and lots of alcohol) so I gave it up as a bad job. I also used to love swimming and running but now I am way too self conscious to go and going to the gym is not my cup of tea at all.

ReputationRep:
    I go up and down the stairs to the fridge and back to my room.

I also have mandatory PE every week where I just run and do some weights for 2 hours

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Welcome to the official BBC Radio 1: The Surgery forum. This forum is a chance for you to ask your questions and join the discussion here, you may even get a chance to get involved live on air.

Listen to the show live here

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.