The Student Room Group

16th Mar: How often do you exercise?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I walk a lot of places...
Also, dance class 3 times a week. I know a lot don't count dance as exersize, but my class is quite energetic, so i think it counts. Oh, and i play on Just dance (Wii) a lot. Hey, it burns calories!

Yeah dancing totally does help, and it's a lot of fun so don't blame you
I go crazy with the whole cardio
Original post by BBC Radio 1
This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!

I swim for a total of six hours a week to train with my club and then take part in county level competitions around once a month. Although this does take up a lot of my time, it does not take away from my studies- the opposite really. Swimming provides me with a time to take a break for a while and takes my concentration away from exams or studying. This might sound negative but for me sport is an opportunity to recharge- a very welcome opportunity. I swim to keep fit and because I enjoy it- in my opinion confidence should never stop you from doing what you want.
This week on The Surgery Gemma and Dr Radha are talking about sport and fitness.

Do you exercise regularly? If so, do you do it to keep fit or to look good? Is it possible to become too focused on fitness? Or do you lack confidence to go to the gym or on a run so avoid it all together?

Tell us what you think on here! Remember, you can post anonymously on this forum!

I try to exercise regularly - I walk most of the way to school, train once a week for football and run occasionally. I would like to go to the gym but it is expensive and i dont have any confidence in knowing how to do anything (as well as other people being there and judging me). I exercise to feel better and to feel happier with how i look.
My joints mean that I can't really do much... I do physiotherapy exercises twice a day for 30 minutes though!
I used to exercise everyday every early morning. I started walking/jogging at 5:00 am until 7:00.
Reply 105
i do football, calisthenics and weight training all of them once a week
(edited 8 years ago)
I row twice a week, which equates to approximately 4 hours or 24km covered on the water plus lifting boats around and erging a bit, but I'll be upping that once my exams are done and I have a little free time in summer. I also do basic toning exercises at home (push ups, sit ups, squats, lunges, etc.) either with weights or just using my body weight. I started exercising properly because I wanted to get fitter and look more attractive cause I hated my body, now I row cause I love it and it keeps me sane.
Original post by Kallisto
When I am swimming, it is over two hours. That would be nice, if I do that once a week at least, right? but I don't. In summertime, I really like it. Especially it is outside of an indoor swimming pool. But the best is swimming in seawater. Oh boy, that is so long ago when I did it last time. :frown:

Yeah swimming's great. I only wish I could do it more often. My club offers a session at 8am on Saturday mornings, but I'm just way too lazy to get up so early at the weekend.
Original post by Kallisto
SInce when the kickboxing training is dependent on climate? the training is in a hall. If it is too cold, you can turn the heat up, maybe the one for the floor.

It isnt, its in the sports centre hence ive gone in all months

Going running in the park however, my housemates didnt want to do when it was rainy/ really cold
exercising and sports i legit my life loool, i work out probs 4-5 ish times a week and plus it rlly helps u relieve stress :smile:
I exercise roughly 5 days a week at the gym, mainly to build confidence
I exercise everyday. But I have "light/rest" days where I just stretch twice a week. On the other days, I do circuit training, HIIT and weights.
I don't exercise. Don't judge me
I:
- gym on Mondays (though I've been lacking the past few weeks as my gym is closed ;/)
- normally walk half the journey to school on Thursday and Fridays
- follow dance routines and workouts every weekday

I exercise to keep healthy rather to lose/tone weight/muscle! thinking of taking up swimming on saturdays also
I walk from school to the bus stop every weekday, do 2 hours of PE at school every week and do a bit of dance on the weekends.
I used to play tennis but haven't had time recently because of work :frown:
Also I am adamant that I will never go for a run, ever :h:
But I might go to the gym or do some other form of exercise in the future.

I normally go to the gym 5/6 times a week. Either in the gym or go to classes, classes are normally Spinning, Yoga, Body Balance, Pilates & Body Pump. Also walk the dog a few times a week.

I started off jogging because I couldn't afford the gym and I was embaressed, but I got over that quickly when winter came round!!

I keep fit to keep my body healthy and it's something to keep me from being lazy and watching telly, makes me feel good after (endorphins :smile: ) I eat healthy but I love my food so this way I don't have to worry about piling on the pounds.

(I've been doing this for 2 years)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 116
I recently joined my college gym to lose weight and I've gone from not exercising at all to doing an hour and a half on the machines twice a week :smile:
Original post by Pickles
I tend to run 2-3 times a week (between 3-5 miles each time) and then go to the gym about 2-3 times a week too so will do anywhere between 4-6 days of exercise a week.

I exercise because it makes me feel good and makes me feel more confident, I do however feel guilty if I'm unable to exercise for a few days, get itchy feet. For me I guess it's a slight addiction you could say?

You are a bolt of pure lightning fired straight from the Gods.
Most days (6 days a week??) I run because i want to take part in the london 10k in July
I go to the gym 3 times a week at least, I go on the bike high intensity for 20 to 30 minutes and some weight training: shoulders, back etc and legs
I also take part in pe lessons: sometimes dodgeball, basketball, gym.

I do it because I feel clean and refreshed afterwards? and thats only recently but I feel Super happy when and after I do it! and I want to get fit and muscular :bubbles:
Every day except Saturday

Quick Reply

Latest