The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
kingslaw
If I'm going to have my beliefs criticised, I'd rather it be by the wit of Howard than the obnoxiousness of Hewins! Nice to see you back!

Oh, and WilliamFoster, do you know that points 6) and 7) arent compatible characteristics?

lol i notice that williamfoster has also voted himself but noone else has
Reply 21
kingslaw
Oh, and WilliamFoster, do you know that points 6) and 7) arent compatible characteristics?

LOL!<---I know I don't do that alot but it made me laugh!
Reply 22
trigger
i think i heard that from a friend or something yeah!
def dont wanna be fascist!

oh lord, more 'right wing = fascism' crap.
Reply 23
vienna95

i neva saidd that i know that just coz ur right wing doesnt make you a facsist im not that niave
vienna95
is it suprising given the opening to this thread?
Reply 25
Well, I'm all for the proposals, but I don't meet requirement #1, alas...

I do aim to meet it in the future myself however, so can I please be an "honorary member" or something...thanks... :biggrin:
tis_me_lord
Doesn't the Laissez faire part contradict the extremist right wing attitude anyway?

No, laissez faire is classical economics, and involves leaving the market to operate without intervention. It was very popular during the 19th century, now there's a poverty gap...so feel lucky you're living today.
-mb-
Well, I'm all for the proposals, but I don't meet requirement #1, alas...

I do aim to meet it in the future myself however, so can I please be an "honorary member" or something...thanks... :biggrin:

Not sure, what do your parents earn.
I need to know your prospects first, what are your plans careerwise?
Hopefully not a non-profit organisation.
Reply 28
vienna95

people seem to mistake right wing=fascism with fascism=right wing.
I'm pretty right wing, but i aint hitler reincarnated(sp)
tis_me_lord
I went for the only option spelt correctly.

Too right! Definately, indeed.

WilliamFoster
Requirements so far to join:
1) Family net income of at least six figures
2) Only those of us from the South East, the Westcountry and Cheshire
3) At least half decent in appearance
4) no skaters or grungers (whatever you call them)
5) Minimum of 420 ucas points unless in entenuating circumstances
6) Good thinker
7) Extreme Right Wing Views, prefably authoritarians

What this means to the rest of the world:
1) Excessively and unnecessarily rich
2) Racist
3) Posh toff
4) Snob
5) Intellectual elitist
6) See "5)"
7) Is insecure-avoidant in attachment type (authoritarian, cold-hearted)

It's no wonder, people like you, really? I'm afraid we've ruined things for Darwin, too. We ruined natural selection when we paved roads all over the place and came up with stuff like space travel and medical advances.

[EDIT: Just to clarify. I have nothing against the right-wing. I'm much more of a liberal humanist myself. But... this is...]
WilliamFoster

Requirements so far to join:
1) Family net income of at least six figures

not sure about that one but i can keep dreaming.
Shane_Filan
I like rite wing too, me family ave loads of money, more thn yrs, WilliamFoster and I lk UKIP, Joan Collins is wel fit, I'd do er.

I lke BNP but they ave no fit birds

You talk like a 5 year old, go and read the criteria again. No use having money only, Prince Harry has money but he's as thick as the next state school mediocre.
No BNP freaks, they know nothing about economics. If we kicked all the immigrants out, who the on earth would keep this country going, they do all the jobs you and I are too good to do. Well to be honest I'm not too sure if you're too good for it.
Before an uproar follows, I was joking about the immigrants and that.
If anyone should go, it should be the frog eating neighbours, with such a poor performance Thierry henry should be deported!
trezerGAY should consider a career move, bunch of cowards!
Reply 32
WilliamFoster
Not sure, what do your parents earn.
I need to know your prospects first, what are your plans careerwise?
Hopefully not a non-profit organisation.

In terms of prospects... hmm, well, no non-profit crap I can assure you. :wink:
I aim to study economics at uni (not yet sure where).

Oh, btw, my A-levels:
A2:
Maths
Physics
Economics
(poss. Further Maths - if I want to do a total of 7 modules next year!) (timetabling balls-up)

AS:
French
Critical Thinking (yes, I know - not a real subject, but no work either :wink: )
(prob. Further Maths - just 4 modules next year)

I am aiming for 'A's accross the board. I may also do some AEAs. I think that gets me enought UCAS points...

Oh, I live in Kent, dress "normally", and would have voted UKIP if old enough.
Reply 33
-mb-
Oh, I live in Kent, dress "normally", and would have voted UKIP if old enough.

Withdrawing from UKIP completely is stupid in terms of economic growth! The conservative approach is the best! ..keep the membership of the EU but without the 'power-transfer' to Brussels.
Reply 34
ShadowStorm
Too right! Definately, indeed.

What this means to the rest of the world:
1) Excessively and unnecessarily rich
2) Racist
3) Posh toff
4) Snob
5) Intellectual elitist
6) See "5)"
7) Is insecure-avoidant in attachment type (authoritarian, cold-hearted)

It's no wonder, people like you, really? I'm afraid we've ruined things for Darwin, too. We ruined natural selection when we paved roads all over the place and came up with stuff like space travel and medical advances.

[EDIT: Just to clarify. I have nothing against the right-wing. I'm much more of a liberal humanist myself. But... this is...]

What this says to me about you:
1) Jealous
2) Highly Illogical
3) Highly Illogical
4) A grunger
5) Intellectual Achievement not Valued
6) Highly Illogical
7) Blinkered
Is this for real *laughs*
Reply 36
timeofyourlife
Withdrawing from UKIP completely is stupid in terms of economic growth! The conservative approach is the best! ..keep the membership of the EU but without the 'power-transfer' to Brussels.

I know what you mean. (Withdraw from EU/Vote UKIP, not "withraw from UKIP")

I would have voted for them to give the other parties a shock, not because withdrawing from the EU is a good idea.

(Although actually Civitas did a cost-benefit analysis that concluded we could be up to £20bn a year better-off outside the EU:
Link: http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/EUCosts_Factsheet.pdf )

I agree that we must be aware of the fact that we still have to conform to all European standards in order to trade with them, and we can't control these if we are not members. (Though Norway and Switzerland manage.)

Basically, I am fine with EU as a trade and cooperation area, but I don't want the Euro, I don't want a "Constitution", I don't want their foreign policy, I don't want their legal system, and I don't want to fund their extravagance.
I didn't vote actually. I bet you'd all love to know why william Foster didn't vote. Well I'll tell you.
None of these politicians have a clue. The two guys to me that seem to have half a brain (Blair and Brown) are in the wrong party and want are pro-euro.
The guys that don't want the Euro are just there for xenophobic reasons, with no economic reasoning behind it all!!
I think the European Union is a waste of time, all it does is protect the low life of this country with subsidies whereas we could easily import from these poorer countries that can produce much more cheaply. If you ask me this is illegal.
Every economic decision which may affect me, will be made while considering underperforming economies of eastern europe.
Why can't we all just develop individually, I know Britain can do it, but those cowards across the channel bloody well can't.
The french no nothing about economics, the bloody spanish sleep during what could be the most economically productive part of their day and the Swiss do nothing but protest everytime there's some sort of important meeting i.e. every other week.
Do we need the Euro, hell no!! Those losers on the continent will drag us down with them, are we going to let that happen to the greatest nation on earth?
Reply 38
-mb-
I know what you mean. (Withdraw from EU/Vote UKIP, not "withraw from UKIP")

I would have voted for them to give the other parties a shock, not because withdrawing from the EU is a good idea.

(Although actually Civitas did a cost-benefit analysis that concluded we could be up to £20bn a year better-off outside the EU:
Link: http://www.civitas.org.uk/pdf/EUCosts_Factsheet.pdf )

I agree that we must be aware of the fact that we still have to conform to all European standards in order to trade with them, and we can't control these if we are not members. (Though Norway and Switzerland manage.)

Basically, I am fine with EU as a trade and cooperation area, but I don't want the Euro, I don't want a "Constitution", I don't want their foreign policy, I don't want their legal system, and I don't want to fund their extravagance.

Yes, sorry I meant EU, not UKIP.

Although I think that source is highly dubious there is always the option of steering more towards America, although that means tolerating Bush for longer than necessary.

I don't think there's anything wrong with voting UKIP to shock the government, as long as the same amount of the electorate don't go out and repeat the performance at the general elections!
Reply 39
WilliamFoster
I didn't vote actually. I bet you'd all love to know why william Foster didn't vote. Well I'll tell you.
None of these politicians have a clue. The two guys to me that seem to have half a brain (Blair and Brown) are in the wrong party and want are pro-euro.
The guys that don't want the Euro are just there for xenophobic reasons, with no economic reasoning behind it all!!
I think the European Union is a waste of time, all it does is protect the low life of this country with subsidies whereas we could easily import from these poorer countries that can produce much more cheaply. If you ask me this is illegal.
Every economic decision which may affect me, will be made while considering underperforming economies of eastern europe.
Why can't we all just develop individually, I know Britain can do it, but those cowards across the channel bloody well can't.
The french no nothing about economics, the bloody spanish sleep during what could be the most economically productive part of their day and the Swiss do nothing but protest everytime there's some sort of important meeting i.e. every other week.
Do we need the Euro, hell no!! Those losers on the continent will drag us down with them, are we going to let that happen to the greatest nation on earth?

Why question the 'xenophobic' reasoning of opposition parties if you agree with withdrawing from Europe? Surely you not voting will just mean more chance of EU dependence?

Latest

Trending

Trending