Turn on thread page Beta

EXTREME RIGHT-WINGERS WANTED (Laissez faire Economics Club) watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Oi! Stop insulting me.
    mine was hardly an insult, being delusional isn't necessarily a bad thing, for example i would say tony blair was delusional with his belief in public support for the war and he's not so bad

ReputationRep:
    Well, what a joy it is to hear that there are still some sweetly idiotic right-wingers out there to provide me with nostalgia for a bygone age.

Firstly, I really do find it quite disturbing that people can be revelling in this kind of poltics. I mean using 'mediocre state school student' as a put-down is incredibly offensive and arrogant and smacks of someone emotionally constipated with their own social status.

'The poor are poor because it's their fault?' Do you have any idea about the fragmentary effect that would have on our society if that policy were pursued for long periods by mainstream politicians? Thankfully, it doesn't appear likely at the moment as we seem to have recognised the short-termism of a Thatcherite economy. If you think there was a lot of good in the Thatcherism, then visit somewhere like Ebbw Vale in Wales, and maybe you can break free from your quite comically conditioned version of reality.

You claim to be a great free-marketeer. In which case, read more carefully the likes of your probable heroes such as Adam Smith, that seem to have a better intellectual grasp of generating wealth than you do:

'The rich get richer because they are paid lower than the actual value of their labour.'

So, its purely their fault is it?

Another radical voice from the other spectrum, J M Keynes, warned us about the society of the future where people 'merely convert their being, their lives and their belongings into monetary value'. What a dangerous world we live in when the sole motivation is financial advancement.

At face value I could respect your opinions, but as they are so polluted with ignorant preconceptions and offensive invectives, I cannot. Nor should anyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamFoster)
    Whats with all this regressive taxation nowadays, who thinks we should scrap all this in place of a free market?
    Ok maybe the rest should be provided with basic services like education and water, but they should be left to their own devices to meet their other 'luxury' needs.
    I'm in the process of creating the best economic growth model known to man, so far it's good just one or to glitches. So far I can see that a free market will indeed lead to the poor being even worse off, but all that is in the short run. As we all know as economist, 'in the long run we will be dead'. So my model so far shows that it may take a century, two at most to create an economy where the proportion of 'have-nots' is much smaller. Of course we will always have rich and poor, thats life, the free market is amoral.
    Who's with me for the free market, ditch the poor, they'll never make it, so lets all get richer.

Requirements so far to join:
    1) Family net income of at least six figures
    2) Only those of us from the South East, the Westcountry and Cheshire
    3) At least half decent in appearance
    4) no skaters or grungers (whatever you call them)
    5) Minimum of 420 ucas points unless in entenuating circumstances
    6) Good thinker
    7) Extreme Right Wing Views, prefably authoritarians
    More may follow, as they do we may begin to see a sharp decline in member numbers. You need to be in this for the long run!! No slackers!!

Your Leader, William Foster
    Do you not realise that your family's net income is not the result of anything you can do? This is discrimination for discrimination's sake, and will only appeal to people who are selfish fools that are lucky enough to be born into a more wealthy family. Even if my parents did earn that money I wouldn't join your club, which is a form of elitism that can favour the non-elite - a dumb kid with no friends can have rich parents and be considered elite in your opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    mine was hardly an insult, being delusional isn't necessarily a bad thing, for example i would say tony blair was delusional with his belief in public support for the war and he's not so bad
    OK

ReputationRep:
    My parents earn that much and I am very greatfull for it but I would never ever join this club. It is discrimination for discriminations sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Why does anyone need a salary over £35,000 or £40,000?
    Erm? Here's a few ways it could be spent.

-To take nice vacations
    -Eat in decent restaurants
    -Not have to scrimp and save for everything
    -Drive a nice car
    -Have a house large enough to swing a cat in.
    -Pay for the decent education the State should be but isn't providing your kids
    -Pay for the decent health care the State should be but isn't providing your family.
    -Pay for private nursing homes for your parents when they are old and don't have any money left because the State forced them to sell their home to pay for their care in old age.

How about just enjoying a quality of life?

More's the question is why would anybody want a salary less than £35,000 or £40,000?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)

-To take nice vacations
    -Drive a nice car
    -Pay for the decent health care the State should be but isn't providing your kids.
    -Pay for private nursing homes for your parents when they are old and don't have any money left because the State forced them to sell their home to pay for their care in old age.

More's the question is why would anybody want a salary less than £35,000 or £40,000?
    I agree that £35,000-40,000 is a bit low. I just don't understand why people need salaries of over a million like some people get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    I agree that £35,000-40,000 is a bit low. I just don't understand why people need salaries of over a million like some people get.
    The more you get the more you want...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    £35,000 is peanuts. By the time one has been taxed on a salary like that one is probably going to be left with around £20,000 take-home salary. That is not a life of luxury.

Sure. Nobody needs a million a year. But quite honestly, what does "need" have to do with anything?

ReputationRep:
    £35,000 is peanuts. By the time one has been taxed on a salary like that one is probably going to be left with around £20,000 take-home salary. That is not a life of luxury.

Sure. Nobody needs a million a year. But quite honestly, what does "need" have to do with anything?
    £20,000 is fine when spent wisely, I know plenty of people with a brilliant life who have less than that to spend.

ReputationRep:
    ROTFLMAO! I think we have a latter day Jonathan Swift on our hands.

Um......don't we?

ReputationRep:
    Actually I knew that, i bet you thought you were slightly clever coming out with that. What i meant was Harry was as thick as a state school mediocre despite the fact that he attended one of the country's best public schools.
    "you like tony Blair either"? Ok, whatever you say.
    Look, i know you must be distressed knowing that you cannot meet the high demands of this club, but hey this is what makes the club what it is.
    If everybody was a somebody, then nobody would be a somebody.

No, I didn't think I was "slightly clever". I thought you were "slightly stupid". You still seem not to have grasped my original point, which was that a sentence in which someone tries to link intelligence with whether someone was state or privately educated should only be found (if at all) in the pages of the Sun or coming out of the mouth of George W. Bush or his intellectual equivalent, as it is complete and utter ********. A bit like you, in fact.

"you like tony Blair either"? Ok, whatever you say. <--- can you not copy and paste the whole sentence? Because that doesn't make any sense, but it reflects on you because it's not what I originally said.

I'm proud that I cannot meet the demands of this club. I'm fairly well off, decent looking and predicted a UCAS points score of 480, in fact. But frankly, I would be ashamed to meet many of your elitist, snobby and prejudiced requirements.

ReputationRep:

Requirements so far to join:
    1) Family net income of at least six figures
    2) Only those of us from the South East, the Westcountry and Cheshire
    3) At least half decent in appearance
    4) no skaters or grungers (whatever you call them)
    5) Minimum of 420 ucas points unless in entenuating circumstances
    6) Good thinker
    7) Extreme Right Wing Views, prefably authoritarians
    More may follow, as they do we may begin to see a sharp decline in member numbers. You need to be in this for the long run!! No slackers!!

Your Leader, William Foster
    Users like you make me so angry sometimes, but I'd never want to get rid of you because you make me laugh so much! Are you like this all the time? Are you only friends with people who fulfil these requirements? What a sad and lonely life you must lead. It's like being a modern-day scrooge!

ReputationRep:

-To take nice vacations
    -Drive a nice car
    -Pay for the decent health care the State should be but isn't providing your family.

But no-one needs
    -To take nice vacations
    -Drive a nice car

£35,000-£40,000 grand is plenty enough not to need to scimp and save on everything (our income is around that, and we dont scimp and save)- it all depends on your lifestyle.

Plus, all my family are state educated and we've all turned out fine (brothers got a PhD, sisters becoming a doctor, and I'm (hopefully) doing law at a decent uni). Infact, I'd rather my children were state educated than privately educated.

Finally, yes you may have a point with the health thing. However, I'm sure with sufficient financial planning you may actually be able to get private health (at least for when it really matters in the twilight years of your life).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ejcurtis)
    Firstly, I really do find it quite disturbing that people can be revelling in this kind of poltics. I mean using 'mediocre state school student' as a put-down is incredibly offensive and arrogant and smacks of someone emotionally constipated with their own social status.

'The poor are poor because it's their fault?' Do you have any idea about the fragmentary effect that would have on our society if that policy were pursued for long periods by mainstream politicians? Thankfully, it doesn't appear likely at the moment as we seem to have recognised the short-termism of a Thatcherite economy. If you think there was a lot of good in the Thatcherism, then visit somewhere like Ebbw Vale in Wales, and maybe you can break free from your quite comically conditioned version of reality.

You claim to be a great free-marketeer. In which case, read more carefully the likes of your probable heroes such as Adam Smith, that seem to have a better intellectual grasp of generating wealth than you do:

'The rich get richer because they are paid lower than the actual value of their labour.'

So, its purely their fault is it?

Another radical voice from the other spectrum, J M Keynes, warned us about the society of the future where people 'merely convert their being, their lives and their belongings into monetary value'. What a dangerous world we live in when the sole motivation is financial advancement.

At face value I could respect your opinions, but as they are so polluted with ignorant preconceptions and offensive invectives, I cannot. Nor should anyone else.
    Didn't they make reference to Thatcher earlier praising her etc? If they did bit stupid really because didn't Thatcher herself go to a state school?

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=kingslaw]If I'm going to have my beliefs criticised, I'd rather it be by the wit of Howard than the obnoxiousness of Hewins! Nice to see you back!

I think you're obnoxious as well.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=W.A.S Hewins]
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    If I'm going to have my beliefs criticised, I'd rather it be by the wit of Howard than the obnoxiousness of Hewins! Nice to see you back!

I think you're obnoxious as well.
    I wouldnt have it any other way m'darlin.

ReputationRep:
    420 ucas points and you still cant spell DEFINITELY correctly.

why 420?

why six figure income... what of my family earn 99,000?

what if i have won the lottery and make that income from interest?

wtf have my family got to do with it anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see William Foster has everyone talking again.
    I'm glad I amuse you while at the same time I offend you, now who's the fool.
    I agree with that guy who said why would anyone want to earn a salary as low as £40,000, it's the lefties who have you asking the wrong questions.
    I do have friends who go to state schools and yes, some of them i suspect don't meet the monetary requirements to be my friend but because they're such great guys and we have a great laugh together, I try not to think about it.
    I suggest all of you should get to like me and adopt my thinking as in this increasingly dog-eat-dog world you'll need to be shrewd.
    All you Nottingham gonnabees and wannabees, you'd better get used to me as I WILL run your unions and everything you do. Sure, I may seem arrogand and aggressive sometimes, but I'm only being assertive, the dominant trait of today.
    VOTE WILLIAM FOSTER!!!
    Oh yes, quit searching for typing errors, many are typos and yes so what a FEW may be general typing errors when I'm not thinking clear ( I bloody well can spell definite). I actually passed English unlike many of you whom I often have to dumb down my language when talking to you, you make me ill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad_Monkey59)
    420 ucas points and you still cant spell DEFINITELY correctly.

why 420?

why six figure income... what of my family earn 99,000?

what if i have won the lottery and make that income from interest?

wtf have my family got to do with it anyway?
    You're from Essex, I doubt you could join anyway due to such an imperfection.
    Well, not all areas in Essex are bad, but I won't give you the benefit of the doubt. REDEEEM YOURSELF!!!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.