Turn on thread page Beta

Dissertation Help - Media sensationalism and terrorism! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello people, I have joined this forum due to a desperate attempt to get myself out of this dark situation I am in.

I am far behind on my dissertation due to changing my idea and being indecisive as well as my supervisor confusing me more and leaving me like a rabbit in the headlights..

Dissertation title: "The ways in which Media sensationalism effects Terrorism"

Ok so, due to tensions in todays society with ISIS, the media feel a constant need to report and cover the grittiest news reports in a bias - over hyped - fashion which in turn ultimately 'fuels' terrorism to a certain extent. This is the argument I wish to portray throughout.

My supervisor told me my title is yet too broad, yet wouldn't help me narrow it down. He also mentioned I need key media theories & media theorists which can relate into this. I have bad anxiety and tend to be very forgetful which in turn has lead to me not remembering anything I have basically learnt the past two years!

If any knowledgeable students surrounding this topic area could help me in the slightest and give me some advice. ideas to look into etc you would literally be mentioned in my dissertation acknowledgements lol.

Thanks for reading guys, I hope you can help me!

ReputationRep:
    Media in all platforms tend to stereotype Islam especially post 9/11. The western media gives false accusations about Islam as they often associate it to terrorism. Therefore, the audience is made to believe that Islam is he link to terrorism (hypodermic needle theory). This has caused an out cry of moral panic to the citizens. Islamophobia has risen, airport security has changed etc.

Use marxist theorist such as althusser as well as marxism himself in which the elites controls the mass and this is done through media.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 27, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.