Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    So once again another question about parents marital status and finance, but my parents have been living separately for 17 or so years now, and divorce was always too expensive so they didn't bother. Now my mother has a partner, however he works away most of the time and supports me in no way at all since he has his own children to worry about.

    My dad on the other had now lives in a home and has dementia, we take care of his money however don't pay for much since its mostly covered under his benefits. So I was wondering what is the best way to go about applying, since my mother pays for the rent, bills, etc. and with my mum's partners income I wouldn't get much money at all, barely enough to pay for my accommodation. Help??? I've been searching for a situation similar on forums and such but to no avail.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi olliesout

    A sponsor is normally classed as the parent you live with (and their partner if applicable). If you lived with mum, we would ask you to provide her income details and if her partner lives in the household they would need to declare their income also.

Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.