Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any ideas what will come up in the next paper? I'm praying for the heart💗

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys... does anyone know how to do this question from the specimen Paper 2 (see attached)?? the answer is 78-81%, but I am not sure how to work it out...any help would really be appreciated!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx stuck on question 04.2.docx (219.6 KB, 218 views)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what exactly is meant by 'mass transport'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    Mass flow is the flow of sugar from the source to the sink down a pressure gradient

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SANTR)
    There are lots of mass transport systems if I'm not wrong. Transportation of sucrose is one, the circulatory system is one and so is gas exchange.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OneandOnly123)
    made a thread for the specimen set 2 paper check it out.
    I can't find the thread would you mind please sending me the set 2 specimen papers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zainab14)
    Whatttt??!! Ive never been taught about nodes or electrical impluses of the heart..is it on the specification?? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    they're not on the spec

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustWondering98)
    Hey guys... does anyone know how to do this question from the specimen Paper 2 (see attached)?? the answer is 78-81%, but I am not sure how to work it out...any help would really be appreciated!
    So for percentage change you want (final value-original value)/original value

We have a drop from 4.2 to 0.8, so 4.2 is our original and 0.8 is our final value. If you put these into a calculator (0.8-4.2)/4.2= -0.809. Multiply by 100 and you get -80.9% which rounds to -81%. You don't need to include the minus as the question states that it's a decrease anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdrowley)
    So for percentage change you want (final value-original value)/original value

We have a drop from 4.2 to 0.8, so 4.2 is our original and 0.8 is our final value. If you put these into a calculator (0.8-4.2)/4.2= -0.809. Multiply by 100 and you get -80.9% which rounds to -81%. You don't need to include the minus as the question states that it's a decrease anyway.
    I see, yeah that makes sense...thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustWondering98)
    I see, yeah that makes sense...thank you!
    No problem, I have a feeling something like this will pop up due to more maths in the papers and all that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rdrowley)
    No problem, I have a feeling something like this will pop up due to more maths in the papers and all that!
    Yeahh, I agree! :')

ReputationRep:
    HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.
    Could i have set 2 paper 2 and mark scheme please

ReputationRep:
    HELLO people, good luck for revision and for the exams, i am really bad at answering the application and analysis questions they are so difficult and hard to explain to get the full marks, can someone please help me or give me some tips on what to do , would really appreciate some help. also i hv the set 2 papers for the specimen which is not available to the public, so whoever wants it holler, safe out.
    Could I have a copy of the paper and mark scheme please (paper 2)?

ReputationRep:

Hi could you please send me the answers for the set 2 papers? Thanksss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sdd_98)
    good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?

can you send it to me too
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,
    If you could please send me the specimen paper along with the mark scheme it would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    Can someone inbox me the biology set 2 papers please

ReputationRep:
    Can someone inbox me the biology set 2 paper 1 please?

Can you please inbox me them would hugely appreciate it for revision. Thank you!
    (Original post by sdd_98)
    good luck to you too! is it okay if i can have the papers please?

Could you please inbox them to me. I would hugely appreciate it! xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 18, 2018
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.