Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where can I sell my gaming desktop? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a gaming desktop (nvidia gtx 670, haf 912 case, 8gb ddr3 ram, i5 3570k, red and blue light fans all air cooling). What price can I expect for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loya61)
    I have a gaming desktop (nvidia gtx 670, haf 912 case, 8gb ddr3 ram, i5 3570k, red and blue light fans all air cooling). What price can I expect for this?
    best thing is ask somewhere like cex as they might buy it

ReputationRep:
    Gumtree is where I sell all of my computers, no fees and assuming you set the price fairly it never fails to sell.

In terms of working out price, I would go into eBay and search "i5 3570k GTX 670", refine the search to Sold listings, and see how much similar spec'd OCs have sold for in the last couple of months.

(Original post by jamesthehustler)
    best thing is ask somewhere like cex as they might buy it
    CEX will most likely give awful prices, since they will be wanting to make a good chunk of profit off it themselves.

ReputationRep:
    look online for one so you can see what others sell for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    CEX will most likely give awful prices, since they will be wanting to make a good chunk of profit off it themselves.
    have you tried a pawnbroker there far worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    have you tried a pawnbroker there far worse
    Pawnbrokers being worse doesn't stop CEX being a bad option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Pawnbrokers being worse doesn't stop CEX being a bad option.
    cex is bad but if you need it to be done quickly then they are the best for fast service

ReputationRep:
    Just look at how much the parts cost on pcparts picker, deduct some sort of value for it being second hand. Add some sort of value for it being premade.

ReputationRep:
    Bit Tech forum, but you have to be a bit active first.

ReputationRep:
    I would say you could do it for £2,000, give or take. The processor isn't that special now, but the GPU can still contend with modern games and the special cooling system is always a plus. People are generally going with 16GB RAM now, but there's no reason why 8GB wouldn't work for many systems.

Anything else like solid state drives and such like? Special cooling compounds? What about connectivity?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    I would say you could do it for £2,000, give or take. The processor isn't that special now, but the GPU can still contend with modern games and the special cooling system is always a plus. People are generally going with 16GB RAM now, but there's no reason why 8GB wouldn't work for many systems.

Anything else like solid state drives and such like? Special cooling compounds? What about connectivity?
    £2000? Processor isn't that special now? People are going with 16GB RAM now? 'Special' cooling compounds? 'Connectivity'?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    The best place is to look on ebay to see what the current price is.
    You should consider doing it for each component fot find its current value.

CEX would be a poor place to sell it, you would get a rubbish price.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Suely a typo becayse the figure £2,000 has nothing to do with his pc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Suely a typo becayse the figure £2,000 has nothing to do with his pc.
    It is. I misread OP.

ReputationRep:
    It is. I misread OP.
    Which part did you misread :rofl: Literally every part screams "I didn't cost very much" :lol:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    GTx670 £60-80 depending on brand and extras plus luck.
    haf 912 £10-20
    *gb DDR3 £20 but depends on brand
    3570k £70-90

Your other bits are your motherboard, cooler and hdd ssd.

If you sell it as a job lot then you often get less, but less hassle.
    Dont forget ebay fees.

CEX are going to give you a lot less because they have to make a profit.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.