Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AQA -bya8/w how was it for you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iisism)
    I think the RQ thingy always has to be below 1. I might be remembering something else though

Opposite of heterotrophic is autotrophic. Did you do the essay on energy transfer? If you did tell me what you wrote about cos I don't think I did enough
    No, I did the essay on species. I talked about how some species were heterotrophic and some autotrophic (eutrophic... what!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fully)

I mean 0.45!!
    Oh right, guess that makes more sense!
    Funny how there's about 3 difference answers so far for that RQ thing.
    Did anyone else get 0.97 or was it just me? (I think I did do it wrong!! 0.75 sounds more likely)

ReputationRep:
    i think i'm gonna cry! i prepared so much for that stupid exam!!!!!

i had a car accident before i got there, was so shaken up by it i couldn't think straight, i think it all went down the drain, wot the **** am i gonna do? i know i'm not gettin the grades fro uni now! i'm so ****ed, if anybody can think of any advise?

ReputationRep:
    i divided 8.8/8.8, i swear both CO2 and O2 were 8.8, was that not wot it said? OMG why did i have a car accident?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    i think i'm gonna cry! i prepared so much for that stupid exam!!!!!

i had a car accident before i got there, was so shaken up by it i couldn't think straight, i think it all went down the drain, wot the **** am i gonna do? i know i'm not gettin the grades fro uni now! i'm so ****ed, if anybody can think of any advise?
    Wooh, a car accident? You weren't hurt badly or anything were you?? Well I guess you wouldn't be doing the exam if you were..

In situations like that you can go to a doctor and they can write a letter to the exam board and you can get extra points and stuff.
    I know some people who did it cause they had a migraine!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'm better now, got whiplash but managed to sit the exam did it a bit later than everyone else, but i was still in shock! went to see the doctor straight after exam, and she said she can't write a doctors note, cause she weren't a witness or sum stupid excuse like that, basically she couldn't be bothered! my school examination officer is writin letter to aqa though, its annoying cause i'm scared i ain't gonna get into uni this year! is the docotrs letter vital? cause it in my medical records now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    yeah i'm better now, got whiplash but managed to sit the exam did it a bit later than everyone else, but i was still in shock! went to see the doctor straight after exam, and she said she can't write a doctors note, cause she weren't a witness or sum stupid excuse like that, basically she couldn't be bothered! my school examination officer is writin letter to aqa though, its annoying cause i'm scared i ain't gonna get into uni this year! is the docotrs letter vital? cause it in my medical records now?
    I'm not sure... I guess it makes sense that she didn't want to do it without evidence, cos it would be easy for someone to just say they'd been in an accident cos they thought they'd done crap in the exam.
    I think your school examination officer writing a letter is a good start, that should prompt something. Cos if you had whiplash then you probably couldn't concentrate as best as you can, so they should consider it while marking.
    I guess you could also have an enquiry thing once you get your results (if they're not good enough) and explain what had happened and everyting, but they might say the same thing as your doctor..

ReputationRep:
    a lady at the incident offered to be a witness so got her details, if a witness is required! let me just test how good my concentration skills were, u know the first question wot was the value for oxygen and carbon dioxide, were they both 8.8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAM*)
    a lady at the incident offered to be a witness so got her details, if a witness is required! let me just test how good my concentration skills were, u know the first question wot was the value for oxygen and carbon dioxide, were they both 8.8?
    I'm pretty sure Oxygen was 8.8 and Carbon Dioxide was 8.6..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iisism)
    I'm pretty sure Oxygen was 8.8 and Carbon Dioxide was 8.6..
    vol of CO2 was 6.6

vol of O2 was 8.8

RQ = 6.6/8.8 = 0.75

triglycerides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    vol of CO2 was 6.6

vol of O2 was 8.8

RQ = 6.6/8.8 = 0.75

triglycerides
    Oh crap, was it?? That explains why so many people got 0.75 then! Cos I did 8.6/8.8.. damnit, why did I have to read it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    got stuck on the essays, totally screwed up that paper. but i did get 7.5 for the RQ.

ReputationRep:
    aye there right, mass, takes into acount the size of the molecule, were after a measurement of how many molecules, hence we should have used the volume.

ReputationRep:
    i got 0.75 for the RQ aswel ,at least i may have got something right. I thought the essay Qus were nasty, did the one on energy transfer but couldn't really think of nething 2 write except about trophic levels, photosynthesis and respiration. am just hoping that i have made up 4 it enough on the other papers enough to get an A overall.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

For the RQ question im nearly sure one of them was 8.8 and the other was 8.6! I and a few of my mates got about 0.97 too.

I did the first essay, talked about the carbon and nitrogen cycle and respiration and photosynthesis but my writing on energy between organisms was a bit short, was it just looking you to talk about food chains and trophic levels?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mairead)
    Hey,

For the RQ question im nearly sure one of them was 8.8 and the other was 8.6! I and a few of my mates got about 0.97 too.

I did the first essay, talked about the carbon and nitrogen cycle and respiration and photosynthesis but my writing on energy between organisms was a bit short, was it just looking you to talk about food chains and trophic levels?
    I think that the 8.6 bit was the mass not the volume but i may be wrong, if the RQ was 0.97 then the chick would have been respiring carbohydrates, but eggs contain very little carbos and lots of fat so i think the triglycerides answer is more logical, still i may be wrong.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.