Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So I have fallen for this girl... Help Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all I'm in a rather bad situation, so here it goes, I have fallen for this girl and she's fallen for me... Great right? Well not exactly. My mate, infact a very good mate of mine liked her first, but she doesn't like him although she may have led him on they have been friends for years and she was more of an aquatance to me I knew her and talked but never any more, Untill recently we started talking more as friends we had a night planned out there was going to be a 5 of us but ended up just 3 of us me my mate that likes her and this girl.. Do yiu see where this is going yet? Well we had a good night went to the pubs had a laugh I got really drunk then when to a club, my mate disappeared and me and the girl ended up kissingSo now my mate was unaware this had happened and acted the night as normal. Then we started talking via text arranged to meet up had a good talk and a long walk was great we have so much in common want the same things in life perfect the girl of my dreams! Oh no wait my friend... What do i do?So I told him everything that we kisses we connected that I really like her and she likes me and also said that she doesn't see you as anything more than a friend, Now you can imagine it went to hell, he's told me we are still friends but doesn't know what he will do if we progress onto a relationshipSo now my question is what do I do? I mean I really like her and want her in my lift, she is funny smart, we have everything in common, sounds perfect? well she is!! Now I also don't want to loose my mate as a friend he has really been a good mate expecially when my ex girlfriend broke up with me I was in a bad place then So ladies and gentlemen if you have managed to make it to the end, what the hell do I do?

ReputationRep:
    I've had friends like you before...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We're not friends anymore...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryano92)
    Hi all I'm in a rather bad situation, so here it goes, I have fallen for this girl and she's fallen for me... Great right? Well not exactly. My mate, infact a very good mate of mine liked her first, but she doesn't like him although she may have led him on they have been friends for years and she was more of an aquatance to me I knew her and talked but never any more, Untill recently we started talking more as friends we had a night planned out there was going to be a 5 of us but ended up just 3 of us me my mate that likes her and this girl.. Do yiu see where this is going yet? Well we had a good night went to the pubs had a laugh I got really drunk then when to a club, my mate disappeared and me and the girl ended up kissingSo now my mate was unaware this had happened and acted the night as normal. Then we started talking via text arranged to meet up had a good talk and a long walk was great we have so much in common want the same things in life perfect the girl of my dreams! Oh no wait my friend... What do i do?So I told him everything that we kisses we connected that I really like her and she likes me and also said that she doesn't see you as anything more than a friend, Now you can imagine it went to hell, he's told me we are still friends but doesn't know what he will do if we progress onto a relationshipSo now my question is what do I do? I mean I really like her and want her in my lift, she is funny smart, we have everything in common, sounds perfect? well she is!! Now I also don't want to loose my mate as a friend he has really been a good mate expecially when my ex girlfriend broke up with me I was in a bad place then So ladies and gentlemen if you have managed to make it to the end, what the hell do I do?
    Remember the ancient old saying
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Bros before hoes

ReputationRep:
    Its all fine saying bros before hoes but its not that simple

ReputationRep:
    It'd up to you, who do you value more? I personally think your friendship should be more important, but I fully understand your friend couldn't be your friend if you date this girl. So it comes down to how serious you think it is with her. Be careful and good luck x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter who liked who first, relationships aren't first come first served. The girl likes you, you like her, he couldn't realistically have done anything to sway a girl that isn't attracted to him. If I was in your place I'd be like "**** you dude" and date the gal but I suppose I'm less considerate of every person involved in things than you are.

But in the end he seems to be forcing you to make a choice you shouldn't have to make.

ReputationRep:
    Dude you can have both! I'd say date the girl if you think you're right for each other. Your mate will realise that he wasn't dating her so you haven't betrayed him in any way and that him and the girl weren't meant to be. It will be tough for him at first but on the whole its probably good that he stops chasing a girl that doesn't want a relationship with him. If you're good mates, your friendship should stay intact and after a week or so, you'll get back to being good bros again. Gd luck haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryano92)
    Its all fine saying bros before hoes but its not that simple
    really the answer is quite simple, who do you value more the girl or your friend?

hanging in the balance only makes things worse so make a choice

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the advice, we are all going to be just friends, bit gutted but is what it is, maybe things will change in the future

ReputationRep:
    your mates being all entitled.

Just because he likes her does not mean he has any kind of "dibs" that means no one else can have her. It would be different if she was his ex but shes not. She is just a woman he fancies who doesnt like him back.

It sucks major sweaty balls to be in his shoes, hell we've all been in the place where the pretty girl doesnt like you back but that doesnt mean that everyone else has to put their lives on hold to soothe his ego.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.