Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield, Lincoln or Cardiff (in your opinion)????

ReputationRep:
    Oxbridge, loads of journalists on the telly and print came from there e.g. Robert Preston.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miaxov)
    Sheffield, Lincoln or Cardiff (in your opinion)????
    Of those three, Sheffield or Cardiff.

ReputationRep:
    They are all excellent universities but I would say it depends on what you're looking for. I personally found Lincoln to be a bit quiet, it's lovely but its more of an isolated campus - although it does have a lot of shops. Cardiff isn't NCTJ accredited for their undergraduate course and that was a big turnoff for me but it is ranked highly in all the uni guides and is considered top tier as well as being a Russell Group uni. Sheffield is undeniably a brilliant uni but I have to admit some bias as it was my second choice. What it comes down to is this, if you want more of a theoretical approach to journalism then go with Cardiff. If you want a more straight forward and practical degree then go to Sheffield. They are all good choices; I would say you will most likely end up with a job if you do well at Sheffield or Cardiff.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.