Turn on thread page Beta

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.07%
    No
    18.87%
    Undecided
    2.06%

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm concerned, you can be racist to anyone!

Everyone has a race, if you can offend or discriminate, you can be racist to them.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely weird question. How can you not be racist to a white person or anyone for that matter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    Absolutely weird question. How can you not be racist to a white person or anyone for that matter?
    I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    I was in a debate in an A level history class, and a student claimed that you could not be racist to a white person because white people have not experienced systemic opression.
    Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.
    The irony being, she was a black muslim! You would think that she would be the first person for racial equality!

I have seen a few threads on TSR where people think that! It's completely insane!

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Anyone who says otherwise is a ****wit and should be called out as one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes of course you can, just ask Diane Abbott.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can be racist towards white people! The terms "white boy/girl" and "gringo" are common examples of this. They're actually as rude as the n-word is, however due to double standards no one blinks an eye whenever these words are said - simply because we're white.

ReputationRep:
    Individually - Yes

Institutionally - No.

ReputationRep:
    The irony being, she was a black muslim! You would think that she would be the first person for racial equality!

I have seen a few threads on TSR where people think that! It's completely insane!
    You should have thrown a dictionary at her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    Individually - Yes

Institutionally - No.
    Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt find it insulting if someone called me a white (insert insult here)
    because i am white :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who says no doesn't understand what racism is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    You should have thrown a dictionary at her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would've but two feminist students were shouting at me about my 'white male
    privileges'. You can tell I'm popular

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i wouldnt find it insulting if someone called me a white (insert insult here)
    because i am white :/
    That's exactly the reason why people don't think you can be racist towards a white person.

ReputationRep:
    I would've but two feminist students were shouting at me about my 'white male
    privileges'. You can tell I'm popular
    You should of then just said the wage gap is a myth they wouldn't know how to reply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldbangles)
    That's exactly the reason why people don't think you can be racist towards a white person.
    I'm sorry, I don't see how that isn't racism. See if I said you were brown or black, people would call me out for being racist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldbangles)
    well people may be offended by being called the colour they obviously are but i just couldnt be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    You should of then just said the wage gap is a myth they wouldn't know how to reply
    The usual reply is 'yes it is, look it up!'.I love it becuase they cannot back it up.

ReputationRep:
    Well that in itself is patently false. Tell them to go study a bit of European history, starting with the 1000 year Arab/North African trade in European slaves.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.