Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.17%
    No
    18.76%
    Undecided
    2.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePauls5777)
    We have to deal with whites.Meantime whites can avoid dealing with blacks or having to take them seriously. This makes it hard for blacks to stereotype and dehumanize whites to a serious degree.Blacks do not build their sense of self-worth on looking down on whites.
    You spend two posts stereotyping whites and referring to them as if they were a single homogeneous group, have the nerve to say that blacks find it hard to stereotype whites?

ReputationRep:
    You can theoretically be racist to a white person, and it certainly happens. However it is undeniable that racism effects other ethnic groups much more strongly.

ReputationRep:
    I can remember they had a programme on C4 were they asked white folks and blk people what they like about being black, white

For blks the answers always have to do with the pride we feel, coming from families who have struggled against the odds, fought injustice, persevered, and maintained dignity in the face of great obstacles.

In other words, to be black has internal meaning.

But for whites, if they can come up with anything, it is typically something about how nice it is not to have to worry about being racially profiled by police, or how nice it is not to be presumed less competent by employers, or discriminated against when applying for a loan, or looking for a home.

In other words, for whites, their self-definition is wrapped up entirely in terms of what and who they aren’t.

What it means to be white is merely to not be “the other.”

Of course because white people have created a system where they don't have to think about black people. White people (the vast majority) have no contact with black people, and have all white friends, all white workforce.
    If they say the good thing about being white is not being discriminated against that doesn't mean they look down on black people. Also most people don't build their self worth on the colour of their skin most people don't think about something that is incredibly trivial.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    You literally have not defeated anyone, you provided anecdotal evidence to support serious debate. As such, you cannot claim a 'victory' because you have NOT persuaded the majority.

You do know how a debate works?
    I do not write to persuade people

To persuade people you need three things:

1) Gain the reader’s trust
    2) Appeal to the head
    3) Appeal to the heart

Hitler said you just need the last. In any case, my style of writing in regard to whites lacks the first and the last.

So it will not persuade most of them.

Persuading whites to give up the benefits of racism, to give up a false pride in their race, to become outcasts from white society, to face their shame and guilt at benefiting from a racist society – all that is way, way, way beyond my powers.

I write about racism for my own understanding.

White people are less than a fourth of mankind, yet they still tend to see themselves as the centre of the universe, as the height of human history. At least in America they tend to make everything about them.

For some reason they expect everyone to write to their point of view.

As if there are not enough people doing that already.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Farm_Ecology)
    You spend two posts stereotyping whites and referring to them as if they were a single homogeneous group, have the nerve to say that blacks find it hard to stereotype whites?
    Black people in the UK are around 2.8%. Whites are around 91%.

So black people have far more interactions with whites, than whites do with blacks. So blacks understand whites better than whites understand blacks.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm concerned, you can be racist to anyone!

Everyone has a race, if you can offend or discriminate, you can be racist to them.
    If you are actually Milo, just like to say im a huge fan.

ReputationRep:

So black people have far more interactions with whites, than whites do with blacks. So blacks understand whites better than whites understand blacks.
    You clearly have a chip on your shoulder as your posts alternate between condemning racism on one hand, while posting comments with racial undertones directed towards white people on the other. You're engaging in the very behavior that you claim to oppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    You clearly have a chip on your shoulder as your posts alternate between condemning racism on one hand, while posting comments with racial undertones directed towards white people on the other. You're engaging in the very behavior that you claim to oppose.
    Point out anything that I said that is racist. Also be quick because the white moderators will ban me. As black people are not allowed to be on here and disagree with white people.

ReputationRep:

Because as we all know, every racial group is a single homogenous unit that all think and act the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul45665)
    Point out anything that I said that is racist. Also be quick because the white moderators will ban me. As black people are not allowed to be on here and disagree with white people.
    I said they contained racial undertones not that they were overtly racist.

Practically every post from you or your previous incarnation involved something to do with race.

ReputationRep:
    Because as we all know, every racial group is a single homogenous unit that all think and act the same...
    White people lump black people together all the time. But do it to whites, then we have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul45665)
    White people lump black people together all the time. But do it to whites, then we have a problem.
    You cant lump everyone who shares a skin colour together, then condemn that entire race for apparently doing the same.

Do you honestly see no issue with racism?

ReputationRep:
    You cant lump everyone who shares a skin colour together, then condemn that entire race for apparently doing the same.

Do you honestly see no issue with racism?
    Since when have I lumped all white people together ?

Remember it is whites who draw the line between themselves and everyone else. They are the ones who apply the colour line and all the injustice that goes with it. They are making themselves White – and yet they do not want to be seen as White.

ReputationRep:
    So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!
    Yes but 'negro' (feel horrible even writing it!) was also used to describe black people as slaves which is massively offensive so you shouldn't say it. Surely you already know that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincePaul56777)
    Since when have I lumped all white people together ?

Remember it is whites who draw the line between themselves and everyone else. They are the ones who apply the colour line and all the injustice that goes with it. They are making themselves White – and yet they do not want to be seen as White.
    Are you being serious? Literally in this post.

"Remember, it is whites who...'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    Anyone that says no are an idiot, and do not know the definition of racism.
    but what is an example of a way you can be racist to a white person? in my opinion you cant be racist to a white person. Clearly you yourself do not know the definition of racism. "Racism refers to a host of practices, beliefs, social relations and phenomena that work to reproduce a racial hierarchy and social structure that yields superiority and privilege for some, and discrimination and oppression for others." So please supply me with an example of how this has happened to a white person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chitamara42)
    but what is an example of a way you can be racist to a white person? in my opinion you cant be racist to a white person. Clearly you yourself do not know the definition of racism. "Racism refers to a host of practices, beliefs, social relations and phenomena that work to reproduce a racial hierarchy and social structure that yields superiority and privilege for some, and discrimination and oppression for others." So please supply me with an example of how this has happened to a white person?
    where is that definition from?
    The dictionary definition of racism is
    "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."

ReputationRep:
    Lol i could say about 30 racist thing about white people, so yes is the answer

ReputationRep:
    One of he first stages of genocide is dehumanization. Whites are dehumanized and this is proof.

What is it people believe Whites should feel guilty of, that other people are not? this it... they teach you to self criticize our history, but not others. You can bring up slavery of Black people but so many other people involved from Jews, Arabs... that largely goes ignored.

Whites themselves were captured and made slaves, and women often made sex slaves. It may not have been in huge numbers compared to some others but it was still a sizable amount.

We are all grouped as White and therefore we are bought up being told we are guilty. We've done nothing! you have made it a crime to be born a White person.

Also I'd like to remind people that Whites like other races are made up of many different ethnic groups with our own history. I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?

If you are saying Whites cannot not victims of racism, then that of course that means that in the extreme cases genocide against us is permissible.

That many Whites and other races are being taught that you can't be victims of racism is frightening and it often comes from the Left.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.