Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.17%
    No
    18.76%
    Undecided
    2.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiberalTears)
    One of he first stages of genocide is dehumanization. Whites are dehumanized and this is proof.

What is it people believe Whites should feel guilty of, that other people are not? this it... they teach you to self criticize our history, but not others. You can bring up slavery of Black people but so many other people involved from Jews, Arabs... that largely goes ignored.

Whites themselves were captured and made slaves, and women often made sex slaves. It may not have been in huge numbers compared to some others but it was still a sizable amount.

We are all grouped as White and therefore we are bought up being told we are guilty. We've done nothing! you have made it a crime to be born a White person.

Also I'd like to remind people that Whites like other races are made up of many different ethnic groups with our own history. I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?

If you are saying Whites cannot not victims of racism, then that of course that means that in the extreme cases genocide against us is permissible.

That many Whites and other races are being taught that you can't be victims of racism is frightening and it often comes from the Left.
    There is nothing remotely close to White genocide today. Funny that your name is "LiberalTears" when that post of yours is full of tears and self-induced victimhood. Maybe it will console you to look at the way that white skin is all but worshipped in many, many parts of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean etc? Will that help you to dry them away and stop creating scenarios that make you oppressed in your head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    where is that definition from?
    The dictionary definition of racism is
    "the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races."
    http://sociology.about.com/od/R_Index/fl/Racism.htm

ReputationRep:
    Yes obviously - but it's not as 'insulting' to a white person if they get called a white whatever than it is to someone who is not white being insulted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeologyMaths)
    Lol i could say about 30 racist thing about white people, so yes is the answer
    please supply some examples which would compare to being called a negro and being killed in the streets because of your race, I would love to be enlightened.

ReputationRep:
    So your argument is based on one woman's belief which she supplies no evidence to support and completely ignores the definition of the word which she is defining.

ReputationRep:
    So your argument is based on one woman's belief which she supplies no evidence to support and completely ignores the definition of the word which she is defining.
    my argument is based on that, among many other articles I have read, maybe you should read a few and get back to me on this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chitamara42)
    my argument is based on that, among many other articles I have read, maybe you should read a few and get back to me on this.
    Maybe you should go look for the actual definition of racism rather than looking for a definition that ignores the actual definition to support your stance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chitamara42)
    please supply some examples which would compare to being called a negro and being killed in the streets because of your race, I would love to be enlightened.
    What about white people in South Africa? How many black people are murdered on the streets nowadays because of their race?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    There is nothing remotely close to White genocide today.

While not strictly "today", every heard of the holocaust?
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Maybe it will console you to look at the way that white skin is all but worshipped in many, many parts of Asia, Africa, the Middle East, the Caribbean etc? Will that help you to dry them away and stop creating scenarios that make you oppressed in your head?

And there are also many areas where there is a large about of post-colonial anger towards Whites. Like most cases of discrimination it depends on where you and who you are. Being less likely to be a victim of racism, does not mean those victims don't actually exist.
    (Original post by LiberalTears)
    I'm Polish and don't see what is it I should feel guilty about?.
    As a point Slavics and Eastern Europeans in general are discriminated against in the West, and then conversely told that they are privileged because they are white.

What's funny is that some peoples (those claiming whites cannot be discriminated against) obsession with grouping everyone into factions based on their skin colour completely miss the fact that ethnic discrimination goes deeper than that (e.g Hutu/Tutsi conflicts).

ReputationRep:
    Racism isn't an institution. I really dislike this new postmodern redefinition of it. An institution can be racist, but racism not itself an institution; it is an attitude, a behaviour, a quality.

The whole power + prejudice thing is mostly garbage, too. You don't need to have much power to do or say something racist. You can discriminate, mock, or mistreat somebody on racial grounds regardless of who you are and what colour your skin is. What's worse is that this power dynamic is defined collectively, and essentially makes broad assumptions about the backgrounds, experiences, and capabilities of individual persons based on their racial characteristics. They do the exact same thing they say is immoral. Identity politics is the worst. It robs people of their individuality and their agency, and is hypocritical to the core.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should go look for the actual definition of racism rather than looking for a definition that ignores the actual definition to support your stance
    OK. Let's break it down.

Let's use the dictionary definition that you are obsessed with, that racism "is the belief that once race is superior to another"

So. OK. How do you prove that ? And how is that played out ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prince_Paul_246)
    OK. Let's break it down.

Let's use the dictionary definition that you are obsessed with, that racism "is the belief that once race is superior to another"

So. OK. How do you prove that ? And how is that played out ?
    The dictionary is written by the academia of the world and has to be peer accepted by them. This group are multi cultural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    The dictionary is written by the academia of the world and has to be peer accepted by them. This group are multi cultural.
    What has that got to do with what I just said ?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone who voted "No" in this poll is basically supporting white genocide.

ReputationRep:
    What has that got to do with what I just said ?
    You asked how a dictionary definition was played out etc. The simple fact is that you clearly understand little about sociological and political issues regarding this 'issue'.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you can be racist to a white person.

Saying that you CAN'T is just a reinforcement that white is the "base" of the races, as in, is the "original" race therefore you cannot be racist to whats "normal", like how black people would see whites as the superior race and that it reinforces that black people are less than them (that kind of thinking gets passed down to them, and we're only like 5 generations in)

YOU CAN BE RACIST TO ANY RACE.

THATS WHY ITS CALLED RACE-IST.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    You asked how a dictionary definition was played out etc. The simple fact is that you clearly understand little about sociological and political issues regarding this 'issue'.
    If nothing else fails try and win the debate with an insult - Eh ?

When someone resorts to ad homs, that's the sign that the person has lost the debate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shishkebabqueen)
    Of course you can be racist to a white person.

Saying that you CAN'T is just a reinforcement that white is the "base" of the races, as in, is the "original" race therefore you cannot be racist to whats "normal", like how black people would see whites as the superior race and that it reinforces that black people are less than them (that kind of thinking gets passed down to them, and we're only like 5 generations in)

YOU CAN BE RACIST TO ANY RACE.

THATS WHY ITS CALLED RACE-IST.
    I don't think you can be racist to white person in this country. It does not make any sense

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you can be racist to white person in this country. It does not make any sense
    Positive discrimination is racist for a start

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul514)
    Positive discrimination is racist for a start

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not even going to dignify that with a response

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.