Turn on thread page Beta

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.07%
    No
    18.87%
    Undecided
    2.06%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    They cannot understand people make choices
    It amazes when they also claim we need more women in STEM fields and then take women's studies! Like what?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheetahCurtis)
    What if I use "human" offensively? Or "lawyer"? Figure it out, it's obviously. Some words are used by society to cause offensive, some aren't.
    But gringo is designed as a racial slur! Is that hard to understand?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldbangles)
    Did you yell like this in your little class too? :rolleyes:
    When I'm speaking to people who don't get the point of a racial slur then yes I do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    It amazes when they also claim we need more women in STEM fields and then take women's studies! Like what?!
    just point out that in the country's seen as the most equal Sweden etc. There are less women in stem than in Argentina and Bolivia it ruins that argument for them.

http://www.uis.unesco.org/_LAYOUTS/UNESCO/women-in-science/index.html#overview!lang=en&view =map&region=40515

ReputationRep:
    But gringo is designed as a racial slur! Is that hard to understand?
    Ummm I don't know what PC world you live in but in the real world it's just a word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    just point out that in the country's seen as the most equal Sweden etc. There are less women in stem than in Argentina and Bolivia it ruins that argument for them.

http://www.uis.unesco.org/_LAYOUTS/UNESCO/women-in-science/index.html#overview!lang=en&view =map&region=40515
    Tumblr confused them, we shouldn't be mean

ReputationRep:
    Ummm I don't know what PC world you live in but in the real world it's just a word.
    N***er is just word, paki is just a word. I am completely the opposite of PC?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Are we talking racism or misandry? You're getting a little too riled up, kiddo.
    I am certainly not discussing it with you :rofl:

Kiddo? I have a masters, I am anything but a kid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    All things being equal, expressing a preference for a black candidate to improve diversity within a company isn't racism.
    And what if I prefer to employ a white candidate to ensure cohesion and uniformity of the workforce of my company?

Is that racist? How is the desire for 'diversity' any less absurd than the desire for uniformity.

Certain people have twisted the definition of racism to mean an entirely new definition by which one can only be racist if they are in a position of power, which naturally every white person is and a black person never can be. Even when in some high level role, a black person will always be comparatively oppressed and it's therefore impossible for them to be racist under this new, illogical definition.

The hijacking and manipulation of words is pure societal manipulation and engineering. By this new definition it is by default that white people are 'racist' and only by the active discrimination against ourselves can we even begin to grasp 'equality'.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. You come off like an angsty keyboard banger.
    You come off as an ignorant bigot

ReputationRep:
    N***er is just word, paki is just a word. I am completely the opposite of PC?!?!
    If you are choosing to censor some of your words, and not choosing to censor gringo I think you understand.

ReputationRep:
    White people can't dance
    White people can't keep to a beat
    White people can't jump
    White people can't season food
    White people age 4x faster
    White people are physically weaker
    White people shoot schools
    White people need to oppress other races/groups (including their own) in order to get anywhere

That was actually pretty easy. If I wasn't eating atm I could probs think of more. Sure white people haven't been treated like some other races have in a long time (the romans undoubtedly enslaved white people so it's not like they've always had it good) but racism can be against anyone.

And before anyone gets mad, I don't really think any of it is true for all white people, except maybe the aging thing

ReputationRep:
    If you are choosing to censor some of your words, and not choosing to censor gringo I think you understand.
    Umm, you do know TSR has an automatic censor in place....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    White people can't dance
    White people can't keep to a beat
    White people can't jump
    White people can't season food
    White people age 4x faster
    White people are physically weaker
    White people shoot schools
    White people need to oppress other races/groups (including their own) in order to get anywhere

That was actually pretty easy. If I wasn't eating atm I could probs think of more. Sure white people haven't been treated like some other races have in a long time (the romans undoubtedly enslaved white people so it's not like they've always had it good) but racism can be against anyone.

And before anyone gets mad, I don't really think any of it is true for all white people, except maybe the aging thing
    How is that seriously racism? It's prejudicial. Not racist.

ReputationRep:
    More lies.
    Would you care to qualify that? You have literally zero proof!

ReputationRep:
    Umm, you do know TSR has an automatic censor in place....
    Lol so you wouldn't censor the N word? Figures. *facepalm*

ReputationRep:
    How is that seriously racism? It's prejudicial. Not racist.
    Prejudice can be racism!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    That would be racist because you are expressing your preference for an all white firm.
    Not at all! What is 'white'? I might have ethnically Irish people, Norwegians, Scottish people, French, Germans, Polish people and they might even have been born in the USA or South Africa.

Is it appropriate to call such a diverse group of humanity 'white'. Sounds awfully racist to propose that a such a large group of people have no diversity and differing culture compared to each other.

ReputationRep:
    Lol so you wouldn't censor the N word? Figures. *facepalm*
    What are you on about? Type in a swearword and see for yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Prejudice can be racism!
    Prejudice is simply that: prejudging. It's generally harmless to prejudge. Racism is not letting the white guy come to the basketball court because of the prejudice that he can't "jump." Get it now?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.