Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.24%
    No
    18.69%
    Undecided
    2.08%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olookhamafe)
    okay:
    firstly, the slave masters of the white slaves were WHITE THEMSELVES so your first point is invalid
    secondly, you have statistics for Asian women apparently earning more so thats a load of bs. Also, what has that got to do with racism? you don't know what race their employers are or the people paying them so sit tf down.
    thirdly, if you're saying black rights group and you mean the black panthers then thats invalid as well seeing that they're disbanded and there aren't any other black rights group that support white lynch mobbing
    Incorrect, White slaves were owned by Arab muslims.

Clearly you have never read the news.

Wind your neck back in.

ReputationRep:
    okay:
    firstly, the slave masters of the white slaves were WHITE THEMSELVES
    Not in the Arab world they weren't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    This is the most ironic statement anyone has said. Because "were white". You have subjected so other races to oppresion, but no due to "double standards" white racist statements are dismissive? Sorry but white people can't be racist against.
    Please watch and be attentive: http://usuncut.com/black-lives-matte...hat-racism-is/
    Never happened? See Zimbabwe for more details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Ignore the guy, he can't handle the fact that "white racism" is a myth and infact reverse racism is the write subsitution. If you think its okay to vigorously shout out the N word, you wouldn't think twice to say out loud in a group of black boys. So please cut out the "screen warrior showbiz" WHITE boy. Oh yes, the white mods will happily take it down.
    I regularly do use it around my black friends, and equally they call me racial slurs.

I think you know very little about the real world or real equality. How's Tumblr treating you?

ReputationRep:
    okay:
    firstly, the slave masters of the white slaves were WHITE THEMSELVES so your first point is invalid
    secondly, you have statistics for Asian women apparently earning more so thats a load of bs. Also, what has that got to do with racism? you don't know what race their employers are or the people paying them so sit tf down.
    thirdly, if you're saying black rights group and you mean the black panthers then thats invalid as well seeing that they're disbanded and there aren't any other black rights group that support white lynch mobbing
    The current black rights movement wants segregated dorms at colleges
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?
    No, it's not. You're mixing up positive discrimination with racism. Let's remind ourselves what racism means:

"Prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race on the belief that one's own race is superior"

ReputationRep:
    So if I said the n word (normally I would use it but mods) then people would have an issue, but apparently gringo is okay because it's slang?

The N word is a play on the word negro, which is the word for black, so by all definition that is simply just slang!
    By all definition it is an insult not slang, usage defines a word.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Never happened? See Zimbabwe for more details.
    Your intellect is wasted on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joecphillips)
    The current black rights movement wants segregated dorms at colleges
    does this current black rights movement have a name? you're being vague

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    No, it's not. You're mixing up positive discrimination with racism. Let's remind ourselves what racism means:

"Prejudice, discrimination or antagonism directed against someone of a different race on the belief that one's own race is superior"
    You just said discrimination is racism, positive discrimination simply isn't a thing!

ReputationRep:
    does this current black rights movement have a name? you're being vague
    Black lives matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    By all definition it is an insult not slang, usage defines a word.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But if I use the N word in a friendly way, which I do with black friends then it isn't an insult, correct?

ReputationRep:
    In the west there can't be significant racism towards white people. Because considering the glass ceiling (the eventual success of white men in the professional/corporate world) there is no opportunity for a person of colour especially black to be able to say "no" to a white person.

Ok Black people are criminals.

Not a racist statement just prejudice so therefore is that statement acceptable?
    When did I say prejudice is okay?
    I do mean to say that a statement like that is foolish and you will get persecuted/done by society
    Racism you will get prosecuted/done by the law.

Sheer difference. People conveniently misinterpret.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You just said discrimination is racism, positive discrimination simply isn't a thing!
    Could you please read my response rather than reading what you want to read?

ReputationRep:
    Black lives matter
    My favourite racist movement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    the thing is though, they enslaved them for mostly religious reasons not because they had lighter skin than them 'therefore making them inferior'

ReputationRep:
    Could you please read my response rather than reading what you want to read?
    I did read it

Could you please accept that my response is perfectly valid?

ReputationRep:

Positive discrimination is still racial discrimination.

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect, White slaves were owned by Arab muslims.

Clearly you have never read the news.

Wind your neck back in.
    Look at your crummy little chart lol

Firstly that's from US, and it's from 2004, economic trends always vary over the years. Who's also to say it's credible source. You just googled and pasted the first chart you saw, huh? You are an embarrassment to any chance that your statements could be valid.

ReputationRep:
    Black lives matter
    i believe black lives matter so do thousands of other black people but did all of those thousands of people say they wanted segregated dorms? did you ask those 1000+ people?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.