Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL) Watch

• View Poll Results: Can you be racist to a White Person? (POLL)
    Yes
    79.17%
    No
    18.76%
    Undecided
    2.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    Ummm, have you even been there in your life?
    Are you about to tell us what a delightful place it is and how that nice Mr Mugabe has made great strides, using democratic processes, in taking his people from relative poverty to absolute riches now that the white man is not in charge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldbangles)
    How is that seriously racism? It's prejudicial. Not racist.
    http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...-Facts!-Part-1
    By your logic this isn't racist as well, just prejudicial.

Oh. wait... those are facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    You do realise that interviews will have to be held?

You might as well just put everyone through an agency and they provide the workers, without any preference.
    It's an impossibility either way. There is no real fix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    Are you about to tell us what a delightful place it is and how that nice Mr Mugabe has made great strides, using democratic processes, in taking his people from relative poverty to absolute riches now that the white man is not in charge?
    Actually, I was going to say the exact opposite. But my point is, I have visited there, and to say that the entire country is a shithole as the poster implied isn't true.

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually there were more white slaves to muslims than blacks/asians. But the SJWs would hate for truths to be spoken.
    Do you have evidence to support that? There is a reason why many African countries are Muslim-majority today. There is no need to be an "SJW" to require evidence for ludicrous claims.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I've experienced it. Aswell as the fact I've seen a fair bit on tumblr.

I don't understand how anyone can say no.

ReputationRep:
    Institutional Oppression is the systematic mistreatment of people within a social identity group, supported and enforced by the society and its institutions, solely based on the person's membership in the social identity group.

(Not my definition)
    I think I get it and agree though I have voted not decided because I think a lot of wars in africa are based upon characteristics and traits that is amongst indigenous africans and I think that is racism amongst blacks: though you do hear n***a a lot in rap it's never directed towards white people and that is prejudice and discrimination which to me equals some form of racism. IDK which is why I am undecided

ReputationRep:
    The definition of racism is 'prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.' I could be a black person who antagonistically said 'all white people are stupid crackers' - that would make me racist towards white people. Whoever claims a person cannot be racist towards white people because white people have a racist history does not understand basic logic.

ReputationRep:
    So the 120 million whites enslaved by Arabs wasn't racist?
    Can you provide me reliable and proven evidence? Also lets talk about the 60 million MINIMUM ESTIMATED Africans killed by Rhodes, 1 white man, was?

Read more about Rhodes here https://espressostalinist.com/genoci...cide-diamonds/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WBZ144)
    Do you have evidence to support that? There is a reason why many African countries are Muslim-majority today. There is no need to be an "SJW" to require evidence for ludicrous claims.
    Google Barbary Slave Trade and get back to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    http://downloadpolitics.com/showthre...-Facts!-Part-1
    By your logic this isn't racist as well, just prejudicial.

Oh. wait... those are facts.
    This is racism because it's not a passing slur or an opinion you have in your head, which is prejudice. It's a thread dedicated to hatred...documented in cyber history and can be spread. Obviously this is racism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldbangles)
    In the west there can't be significant racism towards white people. Because considering the glass ceiling (the eventual success of white men in the professional/corporate world) there is no opportunity for a person of colour especially black to be able to say "no" to a white person.
    You're retarded. What about homeless people who happen to be white?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sadly)
    Can you provide me reliable and proven evidence? Also lets talk about the 60 million MINIMUM ESTIMATED Africans killed by Rhodes, 1 white man, was?

Read more about Rhodes here https://espressostalinist.com/genoci...cide-diamonds/
    Can you provide me a non stanlinist source for your statment?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbary_slave_trade

At this juncture I would like to note that I meant to type 1.2 Million not 120 Million

ReputationRep:
    Institutionally, no? So hiring blacks over whites, simply to fill a quota isn't racist?
    If that quota is there based on the idea of combating racism against black people then that it isn't racist, even if it is misguided. It gets called positive discrimination, it;s not racist discrimination. It;s the same with quotas for women with regards to sexism. The idea behind implementing the quote is not based on racism or sexism.

ReputationRep:
    I am of the opinion that yes, you can, in fact, be racist to someone who is a white person.

Just because they haven't been oppressed in the past doesn't mean they can't be oppressed in the present or future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheArtofProtest)
    It will continue being "impossible" until you recognise and acknowledge that it is an issue.

There is a simple fix and that is not to give in to your biases. Not too difficult to do, I wager.
    Actually I have no prejudice, I am for equal rights. Not preference in the work place based on race to be politically correct

ReputationRep:
    Google Barbary Slave Trade and get back to me
    I am well aware that there were Europeans who were enslaved, but googling the Barbary Slave Trade does not prove that more of them were enslaved by Muslims that Africans were.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    You're retarded. What about homeless people who happen to be white?
    Homelessness has nothing to do with racism. Evidently if there are white homeless people. Your point?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    I'm not sure you actually understand what positive discrimination is. It is only to do with race and gender. So that renders your example of PhDs completely irrelevant.

It is not justified in the UK, in fact it is illegal.
    I didn't say that was an example of positive discrimination, your argument seemed to be on the basis that discrimination = bad, which I tried to show you is not necessarily the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    If that quota is there based on the idea of combating racism against black people then now it isn't racist, even if it is misguided. The idea behind implementing the quote is not based on racism.
    I understand it isn't based on racism, but the idea that one race should be given preference to fill a quota is racist. It should be based on merit rather than race

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.