Turn on thread page Beta

Failed My Test Three Times Aged 17 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi There,

I am quite a car enthusiast and currently work for a big motor chain as an apprentice mechanic. As soon as I turned 17 last March I started driving mostly one a week dependent on if I was available. I did enjoy driving and learning new skills etc.

Now I failed my Theory test 2 times and passed on the third which took long enough due to the waiting times. The first time I failed my test was an examiner last thing on a Sunday and that was going round a roundabout and not "observing properly when moving into the left hand lane" I was looking around he obviously didnt see me" but that was fine as nerves were setting in due to my first test. The second time was going down a one way road and not positioning properly even though there were cars parked on either side so I didn't want to get too close so stayed in the center rather than right lane. But he said oh you could of smashed into a car if it was coming up beside you if it was busier. I seem to notice examiners use the "if" statement quite a lot.

My third time was on the same roundabout but this time stating to him that I was checking my mirrors etc but then as soon as I am in the left hand lane a lorry comes from the middle lane right in front of me then brakes to go left into a garage. Now I was in full control but the examiner said oh i had to apply to brakes or we would of crashed. Now that was laughable as I didnt feel the brakes one bit.

Now I really dont look forward to driving when my Mum asks if she wants me to phone up my examiner to book a lesson im not really that enthusiastic about the process.

Hopefully someone has been in the same boat, help

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.