Turn on thread page Beta

Any tips on how to handle a genetic inposition? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Such as not being intelligent even though you study for days and days and im not being figurative, any tips on how not to get angry when others dont revise and get brilliant grades while i do and get terrible grades?

ReputationRep:
    Try to keep in mind that regardless of how easily those who coast through life are able to pull good grades, there is no substitute in the working world for good, honest hard work. When those who aren't able to make effort enter the workplace, they're in for a shock when they can't engage themselves and hold down a job.
    However, there are resources out there dedicated to helping people who aren't great at learning or working in a traditional way, and it's always worth pursuing those if you think they could help. In the meantime, concentrate on working hard and not comparing yourself to other people, because there is honestly nothing to be gained from it!

ReputationRep:
    I can tell you everyone revises.They are not geniuses, and even geniuses do not know everything. Their genius is limited to their specialty. How do you know they do not revise? Never take their word for it. I would recommend you check YouTube videos as there are many channels on there that cover revision, sometimes even better than your teachers, so it is something you should consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vanny17)
    I can tell you everyone revises.They are not geniuses, and even geniuses do not know everything. Their genius is limited to their specialty. How do you know they do not revise? Never take their word for it. I would recommend you check YouTube videos as there are many channels on there that cover revision, sometimes even better than your teachers, so it is something you should consider.
    They may revise but they do not do as much revision as i do and they still get better grades, as well some people are genetically superior and no amount of revision technique will alter me ,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElectronDonor)
    They may revise but they do not do as much revision as i do and they still get better grades, as well some people are genetically superior and no amount of revision technique will alter me ,
    Then you are either not understanding your teachers way of explanation or you are not revising effectively. Ah, don't jump into conclusions there, that's a debate (nature versus nurture/ IQ) that has not been proven yet. You need to understand the subject first in class as your teacher teaches you, and ask for clarification on things you do not understand before revision as it aids in comprehension and retention of the topic. Effective revision would help too e.g. after understanding the subject, do questions on it/ past papers do this everyday for each topic and at the end of the week, time yourself as if you are in an exam, without looking at the answers. I think maybe you might be lacking in writing the precise answers the examiners want, hence your lower marks. Exam papers will help in this case

Never underestimate yourself. You might spend time revising, but see it as a means to an end. Those people you mention might have understanding of the topic already from your teachers explaining it in class/ studied it during summer/ revised at home before class/ checked youtube videos/ bitesize resources e.g. AQA revision book/ Youtube etc, the possibilities are endless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.