Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

All of my friends girlfriends hate me? Watch

Hey,

I'm a girl and all of my friends are male (I simply haven't met a female I get along with). When each one gets a girlfriend, they hate me before they've even met me (my friends have shown me screenshots of their conversations) and they've even tried to get them to stop speaking to me. None of my friends and I have ever been in relationships.

I'm just not sure why their girlfriends hate me. I don't want them to, I love my friends and I'm always so happy for them. But then their girlfriends start being super passive aggressive, either tweeting indirect messages about me, calling me a slut even though I'm fairly opposite to that, telling their boyfriends they can't hang out with me, etc.

TLR Does anyone have any advice on how I can get my male friend's girlfriends to stop hating me? (I'm a female).

ReputationRep:
    Just be civil, friendly and if the continue, ignore them. They have no reason to feel upset by your friendship and it's much more a reflection of their own insecurities which they need to sort out

ReputationRep:
    There's a stereotype that girls with only male friends get passed around and basically can't make friends with girls because they steal their boyfriends. Probably true tbh cus most of the sluts I met are exactly like that.

(Original post by whorace)
    There's a stereotype that girls with only male friends get passed around and basically can't make friends with girls because they steal their boyfriends. Probably true tbh cus most of the sluts I met are exactly like that.
    But I've been friends with these guys for 3+ years, with them having girlfriends during that time and me, mine. Surely that indicates there's nothing between us?

Anyway, I don't appreciate your slut shaming or generalising of girls, anyway. Just b/c someone only has male friends doesn't mean she's having/had sex with all of them, for **** sake.

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Just be civil, friendly and if the continue, ignore them. They have no reason to feel upset by your friendship and it's much more a reflection of their own insecurities which they need to sort out
    I will, but it's kind of ridiculous. Their girlfriends are so often a cause of conflict, and some have pretended to stop speaking to me to calm down their girlfriend's jealousy. It's just ugh I wouldn't mind hanging out with them, etc, but they all hate me so ****ing much lmao?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I will, but it's kind of ridiculous. Their girlfriends are so often a cause of conflict, and some have pretended to stop speaking to me to calm down their girlfriend's jealousy. It's just ugh I wouldn't mind hanging out with them, etc, but they all hate me so ****ing much lmao?
    Well, as long as you're not behaving inappropriately, such I'm sure you're not, don't mind them, you shouldn't have to try to please them when they're being so immature

ReputationRep:
    You must be hot stuff 🌞😎

ReputationRep:
    they probs see you as a threat nothing you can really do about jealous girls
    best thing is to make friends with them while drunk lol

(Original post by jawsontheflooor)
    they probs see you as a threat nothing you can really do about jealous girls
    best thing is to make friends with them while drunk lol
    that's not a bad idea actually, thanks!

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Well, as long as you're not behaving inappropriately, such I'm sure you're not, don't mind them, you shouldn't have to try to please them when they're being so immature
    I'm definitely not (I mean, one of my friends calls me his sister and I call him my brother, it's that kind of friendship). Thank you for all of your advice etc!

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel.

My mum says especially if you ate single. That you appear a threat to the other girl, which I do understand, to a point. I think if your boyfriend says there is nothing going on though, then they should believe him, shame they usually don't.

My best friend of ten years, after three years of her clearly disliking me. Despite my constant efforts to text her rather than him. Or just as much as him, so it didn't look like I was just shunning her, and treating them both to takeaways, asking to take her shopping as she doesn't drive.. Has actually finally told me he has to go with her now, he's like family, my mum and dad sometimes get on more with him than I do. He has hurt my feelings beyond belief.

And what's more annoying is, a girl who used to be my best friend, and her ******** boyfriend, are allowed round, despite them never speaking to one another, because his girlfriend likes her, I guess cause she had a boyfriend??

Ahh the whole thing winds me up so I know how you feel

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.