Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My observation is darker skin guys get frowned upon like they are less then a man if they get emotional, vs light skin guy it's to be expected because light skin guys are looked upon as softies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Outta Morocca)
    Wth.

There isn't even that much to read!!!
    naah man
    thats a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, so I don't count as having light skin tendencies?
    Hahahah :lol:

No, sorry mate. You're out of the equation since light skin/dark skin only really applies to black people because mixed people were still considered black in America since marriages between white people and black people wasn't allowed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nrb17)
    I think lil wayne sounds like a female though... And isn't he dark skinned? AlsoI thought caramel was darker than drake. It's more like the complexion of like Ludacris. Drake is tan not caramel. Neither is prince. Caramel I'd say is not light if we're talking about black people. It's nicki minaj or halle berry's color. Ludacris would be on the lighter end of that. Jayz also is a caramel complexion. It's basically the light brown catergory of black people.

Alicia Keys, Drake, Klay Thompson, Jhene Aiko, Paula Patton and Zoe Kravitz are light skinned. Not caramel.
    Oh right, thank you for the explanation. But do you believe that light skin are usually more emotional than dark skin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Yes, it's so cringy. Which is why most girls don't **** with light skin guys anymore.
    No, this sounds really biased to me!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eternalflames)
    Hahahah :lol:

No, sorry mate. You're out of the equation since light skin/dark skin only really applies to black people because mixed people were still considered black in America since marriages between white people and black people wasn't allowed.
    No it doesn't only apply to black people. There's light skin and dark skin in every ethnicity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    No it doesn't only apply to black people. There's light skin and dark skin in every Whateva Whateva ethnicity
    That is true, wherever there are mixed populations you get lighter skin toned people and darker toned people.
    But the light skin/dark skin thing he's talking about with regards to like Drake and other famous people is something specific to the black community in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this is true?

I've heard that generally speaking if your skin tone is caramel then you are more inclined to be emotional and in touch with your sensitive side than those of of a darker skin tone. Who are generally more thick skinned.

Apparently we like to pout our lips and squint our eyes in front of cameras, or if a girl lies to us or breaks a promise she made we grab our balsam Kleenex that we keep in our pocket. And we always have a hissy fit if we don't get the attention we feel we deserve due to our light skin tendencies.

Look at Drake or Prince for example they normally sound so fragile and gentle in their music, like they are caressing a rose in the rain and their main demographic is usually females.

So yes I do think us caramel brothers are more in touch with our feelings.
    Wow this is scarily accurate Ya dunno.

Moist caramel guy checking in....

Haha although I don't crave attention or throw hissy fits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Yes, it's so cringy. Which is why most girls don't **** with light skin guys anymore.
    It is just as cringey when girls pout.

(Original post by fatima1998)
    my left eye?
    Nope the OPs left eye 😂

ReputationRep:
    That is true, wherever there are mixed populations you get lighter skin toned people and darker toned people.
    But the light skin/dark skin thing he's talking about with regards to like Drake and other famous people is something specific to the black community in my opinion.
    Nope it's the same with Guyanese guys.

ReputationRep:
    I know in Afghanistan those darker skin are much masculine, the people from uruzgan, qandanher, helmand etc, form desert areas are darker in skin and i kno most of them are probably very tough tough tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Wow this is scarily accurate Ya dunno.

Moist caramel guy checking in....

Haha although I don't crave attention or throw hissy fits.
    What ethnicity are you?

ReputationRep:
    Nope it's the same with Guyanese guys.
    I can understand that since Guyana has a mixed population.

But with OP's case he can't really group himself with light skinned black people comparing to dark skin black people. He can compare himself with dark skinned Arabs, so I guess if that's what he means then his question is fine.

ReputationRep:
    What ethnicity are you?
    Half Pakistani Half English

ReputationRep:
    My observation is darker skin guys get frowned upon like they are less then a man if they get emotional, vs light skin guy it's to be expected because light skin guys are looked upon as softies.
    That sounds so harsh, imagine having to suppress your tears and your pain because of the colour of your skin.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, thank you for the explanation. But do you believe that light skin are usually more emotional than dark skin?
    no they're individuals. I do think sometimes light skin black people act like they got something to prove. But not all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    Half Pakistani Half English
    Woah! I would never have guessed you were half Pakistani

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so harsh, imagine having to suppress your tears and your pain because of the colour of your skin.
    It's not that deep

ReputationRep:
    I can understand that since Guyana has a mixed population.

But with OP's case he can't really group himself with light skinned black people comparing to dark skin black people. He can compare himself with dark skinned Arabs, so I guess if that's what he means then his question is fine.
    Yeah I should have compared myself to dark skinned Arabs instead, this whole time I thought I was part of the light skin team.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.