I swear AS Maths compared to other AS subjects is easy watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    True

I think that might be more to do with career prospects, though :beard:
    That's true :dontknow:

I'm not very good at all this world stuff xD

ReputationRep:
    I did triple Maths and I found it all easy. But I failed to obtain 100UMS in C1 and S1, so I was really disappointed. If you are very good in Maths then the easy modules tend to be frustrating coz it's boring, and careless mistakes cost a lot and the exam atmosphere tends to be off-putting with all the non-maths guys just...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sciatic)
    I did triple Maths and I found it all easy. But I failed to obtain 100UMS in C1 and S1, so I was really disappointed. If you are very good in Maths then the easy modules tend to be frustrating coz it's boring, and careless mistakes cost a lot and the exam atmosphere tends to be off-putting with all the non-maths guys just...
    you do AFM? what modules did you do last year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm useless at maths any advice on how to get started seeing as you're all so gifted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    I'm useless at maths any advice on how to get started seeing as you're all so gifted?
    When you're answering past paper questions, make sure you understand exactly what the question is asking and make sure you understand what method to use to solve the problem and why the method works. if you don't understand the theory, you will flop in the real exam. if you want to improve your understanding, watch examsolutions, do questions in the textbook, then do challenging questions on websites like madasmaths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    When you're answering past paper questions, make sure you understand exactly what the question is asking and make sure you understand what method to use to solve the problem and why the method works. if you don't understand the theory, you will flop in the real exam. if you want to improve your understanding, watch examsolutions, do questions in the textbook, then do challenging questions on websites like madasmaths.
    Thanks Raees, Is that Sadam Hussein?

ReputationRep:
    Try doing mechanics 1 AS maths🙈💔. Core 1 and 2 were a doddle in comparison

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths is genuinely the easiest subject to get an A* in. **** essays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raees_Sharif)
    you do AFM? what modules did you do last year?
    I did AFM and already have completed my A Levels. Altogether did all 18 modules.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    It's certainly a bit too easy for my liking :yep:

We'll never catch up with the likes of China at this rate
    We'll considering they have longer school hours I.e at school 7am-8am compulsory exercise then lessons are 8am-5pm Mon-Friday + "optional" Sunday school + Revision classes held on Saturday = Grinding 24/7.

They're most likely in bed by 11pm latest and have to be up by roughly by 6am.
    Though, the education system there isn't suited/caters for all types of people as it does in UK. If you fail in China its :shot: If you fail in UK, you try again etc ...

(Original post by Student403)
    To be fair though, look at all the Chinese (and other east Asian countries) flocking to the UK and US for higher education :dontknow:
    Yeah, UK/US universities>all. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    We'll considering they have longer school hours I.e at school 7am-8am compulsory exercise then lessons are 8am-5pm Mon-Friday + "optional" Sunday school + Revision classes held on Saturday = Grinding 24/7.

They're most likely in bed by 11pm latest and have to be up by roughly by 6am.
    Though, the education system there isn't suited/caters for all types of people as it does in UK. If you fail in China its :shot: If you fail in UK, you try again etc ...

Yeah, UK/US universities>all. :laugh:
    Agreed although you do get some great ones like NUS, Ecole Polytechnique, ETH Zurich etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Agreed although you do get some great ones like NUS, Ecole Polytechnique, ETH Zurich etc
    Yeah, that's a great university aswell.

ReputationRep:
    AS maths was piss (90+ UMS in c1 and m1 though c2 was a ***** last year and I got a b in that). Differentiation in a nutshell at A2: differentiate x^2+xy+2y+y^2=3 and find the stationary points.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Lol at all the people who told me further maths was the hardest subject i'd take. Chemistry is where the grind is at.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I suppose I did find AS maths easier than my other AS subjects but not massively so. They had their unique challenges but most were roughly around the same level of difficulty, I thought.

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile I'm sat here wondering how I survived GCSE maths lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    AS maths was piss (90+ UMS in c1 and m1 though c2 was a ***** last year and I got a b in that). Differentiation in a nutshell at A2: differentiate x^2+xy+2y+y^2=3 and find the stationary points.
    What was the problem with C2? :erm:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    Meanwhile I'm sat here wondering how I survived GCSE maths lol
    People find different things easy. I personally didn't do well at PE. Besides, much of it is down to good teaching. My maths improved a lot after I started watching youtube teachers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    People find different things easy. I personally didn't do well at PE. Besides, much of it is down to good teaching. My maths improved a lot after I started watching youtube teachers.
    My maths improved after watching youtube teachers too, my teacher was pretty useless. I done pretty average at the end with a B grade coming from an D/E on my mock so a good improvement. :lol::lol:
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by ellie0497)
    My maths improved after watching youtube teachers too, my teacher was pretty useless. I done pretty average at the end with a B grade coming from an D/E on my mock so a good improvement. :lol::lol:
    That's very impressive . Well done :party:.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.