The Student Room Group

Update challenge

Ok guys so this is how it goes,

step 1) write your goal first on what GCSE results you hope to get

step 2) every single day from today onwards you update how much revision you've done (HONESTLY) to get feedback and hopefully motivation from others,to keep track of your progress...you can include how many hours as well

step 3) well there is no step 3....

This will hopefully be something extra to keep you calm and carry on

THIS IS A PHENOMENAL VIDEO TO KEEP YOU MOTIVATED AND REFRESHED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-l3xRONRIA
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Goal:
Chemistry- A*
Biology- A*
Physics-A*
Maths-A*
History-B/A
Spanish-B/A
Sociology-A
English Language-B/A
English Literature-B/A

Update 1: Revised half of P1, Already finished C1 - just need to memorise and practice with past papers.

Goal for tommorrow -) Finish P1, memorise some C1 notes and start maths, also finish english literature charcter sheets + complete spanish coursework. (+ stop procastinating!)
Hey there, great idea for a thread :smile:

My goals are to achieve:
(WJEC) English Language: A*
(WJEC) English Literature: A*
(Edexcel) Maths: A*
(OCR Gateway B) Biology: A*
(OCR Gateway B) Chemistry: A*
(OCR Gateway B) Physics: A*
(AQA) German: A*
(OCR Modern) History: A*
(AQA) Geography: A*
(OCR National) ICT: A*

So far I have been making Geography notes and want to focus on the Sciences and English after getting the results of my mocks from the 2nd Feb. If anyone has anything they want to share I'd love to hear it and any advice is great. Also, I have a GYG thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 so please leave me some advice on how best to revise :smile:
Hi there!

My goals for my exams are:
(Edexcel) English Language: A (Mock Grade: B)
(Edexcel) English Literature: A/A* (Mock Grade: A)
(Edexcel) Maths: A* (Mock Grade: A*)
(Edexcel) Religious Studies: A* (Mock Grade: A)
(AQA) German: A* (Mock Grade: A*)
(AQA) Geography: A* (Mock Grade: A)
(AQA) Physical Education: B/A (Mock Grade: A* (exam) B (incl. practical))
(AQA) Level 2 Further Maths: A*/A^ (Mock Grade: B (1st Mock) A^ (2nd Mock))
(OCR 21st Century) Biology: A* (Mock Grade: A*)
(OCR 21st Century) Chemistry: A* (Mock Grade: A)
(OCR 21st Century) Physics: A* (Mock Grade: A*)

I also have a GYG thread, although updates aren't always that frequent if I don't feel I've done enough. Feel free to check it out though:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897617

I'll definitely keep up with this, as there's only just over 9 weeks until exams begin!

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Goals:
English Literature - A* (already done though)
English Language - A*
Maths - A*
Geography - A*
RE - A*
French - A*
Philosophy - A*
Biology - A/A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

Nice thread :smile:
Maths Edexcel- A*
Statistics-A*
Biology-A*
Chemistry-A*
Physics-A*
English Literature-A
English Language-A*
Psychology-A*
Geography-A
French-A*

I have already done two of my gcse's which are:
Maths IGCSE - A*
English Cambridge International Examinations- B

Love this Thread :smile:
I am revising a lot , getting ideas from others e.g how to not get stressed,time management and etc... :smile:
I 've also started a thread called . http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3934631 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by caitlinford3
Goals:
English Literature - A* (already done though)
English Language - A*
Maths - A*
Geography - A*
RE - A*
French - A*
Philosophy - A*
Biology - A/A*
Physics - A
Chemistry - A

Nice thread :smile:

aw thanks, any tips for English Language? Or Literature ...you can write down how much revision you've done each day if you want (: you can do it!
Reply 7
Original post by brainzistheword

My goals are to achieve:

So far I have been making Geography notes and want to focus on the Sciences and English after getting the results of my mocks from the 2nd Feb. If anyone has anything they want to share I'd love to hear it and any advice is great. Also, I have a GYG thread http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511 so please leave me some advice on how best to revise :smile:

Sound brilliant...for English lan or lit make sure alll of your spelling are accurate and try and use some high level grammar to impress your examiner if it relateS to your purpose :smile:
Reply 8

My goals are to achieve:

You can do it!! Make sure you start on science from today onwards 1 hr a day is enough for you to acheive your desired grades!
Original post by malaikaxx
You can do it!! Make sure you start on science from today onwards 1 hr a day is enough for you to acheive your desired grades!

Thank you - I revise about 6 hours on weekends and holidays, and 3-4 hours on school nights, but I feel like I could do more
Reply 10
Thank you - I revise about 6 hours on weekends and holidays, and 3-4 hours on school nights, but I feel like I could do more

yh make sure you do 50/10 where you do 50 min revision with no distractions and 10 min break continue for 2-3 hours then take a 30 min or 1 hr break works best for me!
yh make sure you do 50/10 where you do 50 min revision with no distractions and 10 min break continue for 2-3 hours then take a 30 min or 1 hr break works best for me!

I can't work to specific times I just work for as long as I feel I can and then take a break and come back :smile:
I can't work to specific times I just work for as long as I feel I can and then take a break and come back :smile:

How long to you revise for science :smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
How long to you revise for science :smile:

Sciences specifically make up most of my revision at the moment, so I'd say at least 14 hours a week - maybe 2 hours a day, depending on what I am doing in the other subjects :smile:
In terms of individual sessions, I probably do them for an average of 20 mins unless I am doing a past paper :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Sciences specifically make up most of my revision at the moment, so I'd say at least 14 hours a week - maybe 2 hours a day, depending on what I am doing in the other subjects :smile:
In terms of individual sessions, I probably do them for an average of 20 mins unless I am doing a past paper :smile:

Oh Ok and do you revise by random topics or do you do a whole unit .:smile:
Original post by nisha.sri
Oh Ok and do you revise by random topics or do you do a whole unit .:smile:

I've photocopied the contents pages of the revision guide and I tick them off as I do them, but it is generally random, I will pick out a topic I feel least confident about and make notes on it. :smile:
I've photocopied the contents pages of the revision guide and I tick them off as I do them, but it is generally random, I will pick out a topic I feel least confident about and make notes on it. :smile:

Cool :smile:
Reply 17

To make science less daunting, you can always record youre voice on a voice recorder and repeat it through headphones and keep repeating it until its all in your head, works best for bio and chem too! for literature as well if you want to remember key quotes or themes
To make science less daunting, you can always record youre voice on a voice recorder and repeat it through headphones and keep repeating it until its all in your head, works best for bio and chem too! for literature as well if you want to remember key quotes or themes

Thanks for the idea but I really can't listen to my own voice :biggrin: I just have to write stuff out over and over
Thanks for the idea but I really can't listen to my own voice :biggrin: I just have to write stuff out over and over

Omg same and test myself like 10 times.
I actually waste tonnes of paper by writing and writing and reading things over n over again :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest