Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am a GCSE Student. Currently I am doing and I know will take a GCSE in are English Literature, English Language, History, Geography, Spanish, Core Science, Additional Science and Religious Education. I am doing BTEC Sport.
    However, the exams for triple science are soon and hopefully I get in. This means I could get Biology, Chemistry and Physics as separate GCSE's. Anyway, that is just background information.
    I have to choose my second option and I do not know whether to do Business or Psychology. I like them both equally, but has anyone done them and what are their experiences with it, and what did they achieve?
    I am going to be doing the new GCSE System in all my GCSE'S except Geography, which means it is way harder and the marking system is 9-1, 9 is a higher grade than an A*. Our exams are harder in a way that we have to memorise all the Science precipitate reactions, equations, some of the periodic table etc

ReputationRep:
    cool nice choice

ReputationRep:
    I do Business Studies so I can't really say for Psychology but I'm glad I choose it as it is a very relaxing subject in cognition with triple science-triple science is a lot of work and Business (if you're doing edexcel) is a multiple choice paper and the other paper is purely common sense really! I got full marks in my mock and also coursework so if you want a relaxing GCSE I would preferably choose that one!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently doing edexcel Business Studies and I love it! The specification is mainly common sense really, for example, things like how a business can improve profits and get more customers. In my opinion, the subject is really interesting and is easy to get high grades with very little revision! It is one of my favourite subjects aside ICT and art, I'm planning to take it at A-level. My grade currently is an A but I hope to get an A* with my final exam, I got an A* in my coursework. I really reccomend taking Business Studies, I'm so glad I did! If you have any queries just ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheeplover)
    I'm currently doing edexcel Business Studies and I love it! The specification is mainly common sense really, for example, things like how a business can improve profits and get more customers. In my opinion, the subject is really interesting and is easy to get high grades with very little revision! It is one of my favourite subjects aside ICT and art, I'm planning to take it at A-level. My grade currently is an A but I hope to get an A* with my final exam, I got an A* in my coursework. I really reccomend taking Business Studies, I'm so glad I did! If you have any queries just ask!
    Hi, Thank You for replying! I am not sure on my School's exam board of Business Studies, but they are doing Business & Communication. I am interested in how Businesses work and all the customer, profits type of thing. Do you have controlled assessments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    I do Business Studies so I can't really say for Psychology but I'm glad I choose it as it is a very relaxing subject in cognition with triple science-triple science is a lot of work and Business (if you're doing edexcel) is a multiple choice paper and the other paper is purely common sense really! I got full marks in my mock and also coursework so if you want a relaxing GCSE I would preferably choose that one!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!
    Thanks for replying!
    Wow, well done! What year are you in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reinaadira)
    Thanks for replying!
    Wow, well done! What year are you in?
    I'm in year 11!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrlhyms)
    I'm in year 11!
    Have you done your controlled assessment in Business?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reinaadira)
    Have you done your controlled assessment in Business?
    The coursework? Yeah I have it was quite nice this year; do you have any questions on it? I didn't have a teacher for the whole time so I had to do it all myself

ReputationRep:
    Not controlled assessments as such but a CAU ( not sure if they're the same haha) but it's worth 25% of the final GCSE grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.