Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do people still vote Conservatives? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by InMemoryOf)
    Lets blame the first rapist ever in the world for all the other rapes that occur today.

Stupid - yeah thats what I thought.
    basic rule of debate, don't shift a statement into a completely different context; it doesn't work

No offence to you but it really annoys me to see non-medical professionals think they know more about the NHS and what generally best for patients. This is what low-life Jeremy Hunt and co are feeding on, his not even a medical himself!

I would recommend you research your facts and read the arguments on both side as you do not seem aware of both sides.
    So you think the NHS should never have been introduced, since the medical professionals opposed its introduction?

Surely the BMA, with its vociferous opposition to the NHS, knew better than Bevan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IAmNero)
    I am not a medcial proffesional correct. My sister is a consultant. She claims that junior doctors are just trying to get more money than they deserve.
    With respect, you can't take one persons opinion over it than the thousands and thousands of doctors that are protesting against the changes.

You know the money argument, I am a medical student and spent over 1000 hours studying across 5 years of medicine which I do not get paid a penny for. If you take this into account I can assure you we are paid below minimum wage

Again I am not doing Medicine for money and do not expect to be paid for the hours i spend studying it Just wish the public were more aware

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mayhem™)
    basic rule of debate, don't shift a statement into a completely different context; it doesn't work
    Rather use metaphors to counter arguments.

Don't bs when you know your losing bruh

ReputationRep:
    Rather use metaphors to counter arguments.

Don't bs when you know your losing bruh
    So because you can't construct a valid response, I'm losing? I like your thought process.

ReputationRep:
    With respect, you can't take one persons opinion over it than the thousands and thousands of doctors that are protesting against the changes.

You know the money argument, I am a medical student and spent over 1000 hours studying across 5 years of medicine which I do not get paid a penny for. If you take this into account I can assure you we are paid below minimum wage

Again I am not doing Medicine for money and do not expect to be paid for the hours i spend studying it Just wish the public were more aware
    I kno, but equally you cannot take the voice of thousands to be truth over a voice of another thousand who are drowned out

I know that, they should get more money and maybe shorter hours, but striking is damaging to the system

Media isn't good at reporting the truth

ReputationRep:
    So because you can't construct a valid response, I'm losing? I like your thought process.
    Well I did give you a good response and you responded with 'don't debate like that, its a basic rule' - so if anyone isn't constructing anything its you my friend

ReputationRep:
    Well I did give you a good response and you responded with 'don't debate like that, its a basic rule' - so if anyone isn't constructing anything its you my friend
    So comparing tuition fees to rape is effective? That's like you mentioning national insurance and I decide to compare it to paedophillia.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a debate. This is a thread where you get to declare yourself right and ignore any counter argument, no matter how valid.

Pointless entertaining you. Go fish somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    We do not vote by voting the best of the worst.
    Most people do that, precisely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Because they don't trust labour to handle the economy, never mind security/defence, let alone the country
    Amended for accuracy Source: Doorsteps and phone calls at the 2015 election + common sense re: Corbynite omnishambles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    This isn't a debate. This is a thread where you get to declare yourself right and ignore any counter argument, no matter how valid.

Pointless entertaining you. Go fish somewhere else.
    Please go ahead and state your counter argument, however please do refrain from using "the conservative cut benefits blah blah blah" but anything else go ahead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRFT8)
    Please go ahead and state your counter argument, however please do refrain from using "the conservative cut benefits blah blah blah" but anything else go ahead...
    Not saying I have one, but OP has completely and blindly ignored other ones posted here, so even if I had one I wouldn't bother.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Amended for accuracy Source: Doorsteps and phone calls at the 2015 election + common sense re: Corbynite omnishambles
    Thank you

Although I really do like Corbyn :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Not saying I have one, but OP has completely and blindly ignored other ones posted here, so even if I had one I wouldn't bother.
    You dont have one because there isnt really many, people just post the same crap about how right wing dont care about the poor its like a broken record now.

With respect, you can't take one persons opinion over it than the thousands and thousands of doctors that are protesting against the changes.You know the money argument, I am a medical student and spent over 1000 hours studying across 5 years of medicine which I do not get paid a penny for. If you take this into account I can assure you we are paid below minimum wageAgain I am not doing Medicine for money and do not expect to be paid for the hours i spend studying it Just wish the public were more aware
    Abit like every other degree, or are you implying everyone other student gets paid for studying a particular degree? Also i dont dispute that the junior doctors are being given an unfair contract (if anything it is quite ridiculous to expect someone to work say 12 hour days and expect them to provide the same patient healthcare throughout). This point you are making is quite stupid, you are saying you do not want more money but implying you are not getting enough?

ReputationRep:
    Tuition fees were first brought in by a Labour government....

go figure
    And they tripled them to £3,000.

ReputationRep:
    I ain't voting for anyone anymore all politicians and political parties are the same

ReputationRep:
    They get a hard on over this.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...arebar_twitter

ReputationRep:
    I'd scrap tuition fees altogether, watch how many useless degrees would be eradicated, watch the job market return to normal instead of artificial requirement, I support Conservatives because they understand the market is superior to control freaks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N-R-G)
    The alternative is in fact much better and we will probably see free education again some time in the future. Correct?
    Free university education would largely be a huge subsidy to the middle class. Even if the pupil is from a poorer background (in which case I believe that they should get a reduction in fees) they will most likely be earning more than those that didn't go to university.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.